30: Innocence

"Pranipat Bhabhishree Draupadi. Pranipat PanduPutro"

Arshia entered their chamber and greeted them. All of them looked at her,tensed.

"Is everything going to be alright,Arshia?" Draupadi asked, softly grabbing Arshia's hands which were interlocked. Arshia stared at her, comfort shining in her gaze.

"Everything is going to be alright,bhabhi. You have Vasudev Krishna with you...swayam Narayan apke paskh me he,apko kya chinta?"
(Narayan is by your side, what's the hustle about?) Arshia said somewhat bitterly.

The Pandavas and Draupadi stared at her,weirded out with the time she was using.

"Why so bitter, Arshia?" Bheem questioned.

Arshia, momentarily,froze in her place. Regaining composer she shaked her head, indicating that it was nothing. Turning her gaze at Draupadi,she advised

"Niyati(Destiny)has it all planned and no matter how much one tries there is no way that you could change it. So,I would advise you all to calm your nerves and prove your innocence at the court today"

"We had called you to lay forward a wish,Arshia" Nakul said gaining Arshia's attention. A ever so genuine and lovely smile adorned her face as she encouragely nodded at him.

"When me,my brothers and Panchali enter the court,we want you by our side."

The smile dissapeared in a fraction of seconds as she stared at Nakul,as if he had said something criminally offensive.

"E-enter the court with you all?I am afraid that's not possible"

"Not possible?!Why?" Draupadi exclaimed. Arshia looked at her and shaked her head violently. "You don't get it. The king, Mahamantri, Mahamahim,the Kauravas and Angraj would be present in the court....what would their reactions be?!" She exclaimed back, laying emphasis on her husband.

"You promised me that you would support us through anything!" Arjun walked forward,his eyes glaring at Arshia.

"And I shall remain true to my words. Support can also be shown when you are physically absent, right?Like sakha! Although he is in Dwarka,you all can still feel his support!I am in Hastinapur,just above your head in the ladies corner. Why shall I come with you all?I hope none of you are offended by my words. I am doing what is right, according to me atleast" Arshia said,her gaze moving around the room with a sense of apology in them.

"Is it because of Angraj?" Sahadev asked,calmly. Arshia looked at him and nodded. "He isn't exactly in good terms with all of you and me, considering all of you as my dharma-brothers took him aback and I totally understand him. I have to work hard to please both of you as you all are very dear to me. For now,I think it would be wise if you all enter the royal court without me..." She completed.

She saw Yudhishthir's ever-so-calm expression seemed to have faded away,Bheem was as expected angry,Arjun was upset with her decision,Nakul's jaw was tight and Sahadev was lost in his own world.

"I shall leave. I know whatever is going to happen to you is going to be alright." She gave a light squeeze on Draupadi's shoulder and walked away.

.

Arshia entered the court.

Everyone was seated and were waiting for the Pandavas and their wife.

She made eye contact with Bhishma who reflected a small genuine smile. She bowed her head and went to the ladies corner, waiting for the Pandavas and Draupadi to come in. She sighed and roamed her eyes around the room. In the process she made eye contact with Karna,who had rather a calm and composed expression on his face. A smile made his face as his eyes reflected love for the woman who he was making eye contact with.