22: Krishnaa's swamyvam -2

Arshia POV

Until I saw someone..

My eyes widened.

My hands,filled with gold coins,froze mid-air when I made eye-contact with that bhrahmin.

It was Arjun...

He had the same reaction as me.

I felt the gold coins slipping through my fingers. This snapped me out of my trance as I gripped the coins harder. I gulped looking at him.

"Angrani,is everything okay?" They said called out.

Upon hearing my title, Arjun's face turned into shock. His folded hands became loose.

"Yes, everything is okay." I cleared my throat and handed him over the coins,my hands shaking.

I went to touch his feet but he backed away, saying

"My blessings are always with you, Rajkumari—"

He stopped.

I bowed my head and moved forward.

.

The sun was going to set and all the Brahmins had left, satisfied with our service.

The last one to leave was Rajkumar Arjun.

His eyes lingered in me and I knew he wanted to shower me with questions but couldn't. I saw his fingers scratching each other and his eyes filled with questions.

I joined my hands and said

"Bhrahmin Dev,where you satisfied with our service today?"

I knew Kumar Arjun had understood what I meant and denied my question.

I turned to the dais and asked if any more 'daan' was left to which they nodded and where about to go and get them.

"Bhrahmin Dev, would you please take the pain to follow me and collect your daan?"

He nodded.

.

"Why?"

When we were far away,he asked...betrayal and hurt filled in his tone.

I turned to him,a soft and elegant smile on my face.

No One POV

Seeing that smile on her face,the worry,hurt and betrayal vanished away.

"Why what, Rajkumar?"

"Why Angraj?"

Arshia's smile fell flat. She cleared her throat and answered

"He won me in my swamyvar."

"And you had the right to deny him."

"But I accepted him."

Arjun gritted his teeth but nodded anyways.

"How is Rajmata Kunti?How are Bhrata Bheem,Bhrata Nakul,Bhrata Sahadev and Rajkumar Yudhishthir?How are you,Kumar?"

She rapped.

"It's Yuvraj,Arshia. Not Rajkumar"

Arjun frowned. Arshia tilted her head but nodded anyways.

"They are all good and healthy and so am I. How are you Arshia?"..

"Better"

Arjun nodded and stared at the sun which was already set.

"I shall leave and start my journey to Panchal. My mother and brothers are waiting for me"

Arjun joined his hands.