24: The pretty flower field

The moonlight being the only witness,Karna and Arshia expressed their beautiful love. The love that they hid from the day Karna won Arshia in the swaymvar.

.
.

Karna had returned back from his Surya Puja and was taken aback by not seeing his beloved wife on the bed, judging that they had slept very late yesterday. He already had a habit of waking before dawn but Arshia didn't.

"Dasi,do you know where Angrani is?" Karna asked, fixing his new Angavastra.

"Yes,Angraj. She is in the practice area, practicing the Gadaa or the spear." The maid said gently,with her head bowed in front of him. Karna nodded at the maid and made his way to the training room.

.

Upon arriving,Karna lovingly stared at the woman who he prioritised the most. He watched the sweat drop from her forehead to her right cheek and lastly down her jaw. For a slight moment,the jealousy filled up Karna's body because of how mere sweat drops could travel down her face but his own hand couldn't.

Arshia,still unknown to the fact that her husband was present in the room,kept her gadaa in its right place. Not taking even a small break,she picked up her spere and continued to practice.

"Aren't you tired?"

She recognised his voice and lowered her spere. She turned around and joined her hands in front of him,the spere still in her hands. Karna walked nearer to the woman and took the spere from her folded hands. He wiped the sweat from her face and gently caressed her face.

"Aren't you tired?" He repeated,still caressing her cheeks. A small but tired smile took over her face as she whispered "A bit. What about you?You look fine"

"You think so?"

A small laugh escaped her lips at his comic reply. Arshia nodded mockingly. Karna lifts her loose strands of hair to reveal a faded love bite that he himself made last night. He bent down and kissed that spot on her neck and snuggled his face into her neck. Arshia placed her chin on his shoulder and rested her head against his.

"Angraj,I have been practicing for a bit now and sweat has covered me,I must be sticky and smelly. You must be back from your Surya Puja and must have taken a fresh bath. You don't want to be covered in my sweat,now do you?" Arshia softly pushed Karna and stepped a few steps back. He frowned but understood what she meant.

"Don't you have work?You should proceed" Arshia said, taking the spere from his hands.

"I do but I don't want to leave you" Karna tilted his head. Arshia held back her laughter and shook her head. "You have to go. I haven't properly practiced for days." Arshia tried to 'shoo' him away.

"You haven't seen me for days also. How come you aren't spending your time with me?" Karna fired back.

"I wish you were logical. Angraj seriously. I need to practice" Arshia whined. Karna stepped towards her and bent down and kissed her lips shortly.

"See you"

Arshia nodded.

.

"Hah..."

Left her lips as she entered the hot water to freshen up. She closed her eyes,slowly letting her body get used to the temperature of the water.

"It's been 5 months,Arshia and you have been showing no signs of waking up." Rudra spoke, gripping on her hand tighter.

Arshia hurriedly opened her eyes and leaned back on the wall of the huge pool-like structure. She felt her heartthrob in pain as she viewed the crying figure of her brother back in Kaliyug. She took some water in her cupped joined hands and washed her face. Taking the towel which was set just beside her,on the dry land,she walked out and wrapped it around herself.

Sitting ideally in front of the mirror,she let the maids handle her. They smoked her hair and put it up in a bun. They placed her chudamani on top of her hair and took steps back, indicating that she was ready to go out.

She turned her head to the balcony and smiled at the sun rays which enlighten the whole balcony. She stood up and walked to the balcony, putting her hands on the railings. She closed her eyes and left the warm rays touch her rough yet delicate skin.

"Maharani. I apologise for the disturbance. Your food is here"the maid informed. Forcing herself out of the comfort zone,she turned around and nodded at her. The maids made way for their queen and served her breakfast. When she sat down and saw an empty seat in front of her,a smile made up her face. The memories of Arjun flooded in.

"Have you all eaten?" She left her gaze and questioned the 9 maids standing beside her. All of them, hesitantly,shook their heads. "It's 11 in the morning and you all have still not eaten?I had to practice. That's the sole reason why I am having breakfast this late. You all are my chief maids and must have no work when I was training. Why didn't you eat then?" She questioned. "Maharani,we are your chief maids. How could we eat before you did?"

"If I eat my breakfast late then all of you shall eat before me. It's all right and this is an order. Please,all of you go and eat."

Analysing the sense of order in her tone,the 9 of them obeyed and walked out of the chamber.

Arshia moved her eyes to the plate filled with food. Thanking God first,she started eating.

.

"Mariya,when Angraj comes back please inform them I have gone to the garden outside of the palace,of course. " Mariya nodded.

Walking to the horse stable,she pulled out a horse and caressed it. She grabbed a soft cotton blanket and put it on the horse, making sure the embroidery on her dress doesn't hurt the horse. Carefully climbing on the horse,she went to the garden which Karna had gifted her.

...

Climbing down the horse,she caressed it's main. The horse roared in joy. She smiled.

"I will not tie you so please don't escape. Roam around and come back when you think it's the right time,okay?" It was as if the horse understood. It roared a yes and ran to the field filled with flowers.

She walked to the area where a majority of the flowers were yellow. She kneeled and sniffed in the sweet scents of the flowers. Using the power Shree Krishna himself granted her,she made a dagger appear and cut down the flowers which she knew would die down soon enough. Making the dagger disappear,after grabbing a good amount of flowers,she carefully tightened her grip around the flowers. She stood up and scanned the whole field, spotting her horse sniffing all the flowers. The curiosity the animal reflected warmed Arshia's heart. She turned around and looked around the whole area, searching for flowers which she could pluck.

She felt footsteps near her and the dagger re-appeared in her palms. She looked up. Her siren eyes softened when she saw the king Of Anga,Karna. He looked at her hands,one with the dagger and one with the flowers. With a teasing tone,he asked, "Which one is for me?The dagger or the bunch of flowers?"

"The dagger"

Karna's laughter filled her ears. A smile made up her face as she let the dragger disappear.

"Why are you plucking the flowers?" Karna asked.

She stared at the flowers and answered "If you are the reason why someone is suffering and is hurting and you free them,guilt shouldn't fill your body and mind.....rather know that very soul must be thankful to you for ending their misery" wisdom took over her tone as she lift her gaze to look at Karna,who had rather a confused expression on his face because of the sudden wisdom-full words.

A smile made up her face and her hand made up his cheek, slapping it softly. "What I meant was,these flowers were already on their last stage and it was better if I used them, that's why I plucked these flowers" Karna nodded, understanding what she meant.

A huge part of the day was spent on the field of flowers by Karna and Arshia. Both of them had enjoyed the peaceful and calm atmosphere but only one name roamed around Arshia's mind

Abhimanyu.

.

Thank you!
Enjoy reading!
Vote.