57:Pran jaye par Vachan na Jaye

"Have you gone crazy Arshia?" Karna gritted his teeth. Arshia nodded her head. "Don't give me that"

"I am saying it for you,Arya not for Duryodhana. How can I even think of a situation where he gets to live happily and I don't?I have vowed to kill him,if you don't remember" Arshia reminded. "Then why in the world are you telling me to befriend the man who insulted my wife?" Karna raised his eyebrow.

"Would you be able to survive alone,for 13 years? Would he stay quiet, knowing that once the Pandavas return and they wage a war,you will be standing by their side?Now,he doesn't know that you are their eldest brother,now does he?"

"I am not their oldest brother" Karna mumbled. "I didn't take care of them as their oldest brother and Arjun is someone I still vow to kill"

"I understand and I am not going to stand in your way. Promises made to oneself hold way more importance to promises made to one-another." Arshia said.

"What is your point?" Karna raised his eyebrow. "I have no point. I don't look like Vasudev Krishna,do I?" Arshia joked.

"Let's go back to the topic of you wanting me to befriend Duryodhana again?"

"Oh,you broke your friendship?" Arshia asked,with mock genuiness. "Watch him falling on his knees to get you back on his side"

"Falling on his knees when he has Mahamahim and Mahaguru Dronacharya?" Karna questioned. "If he could give a total stranger a whole kingdom just because he saw that,that stranger might be the only one who could defeat his divinely gifted cousin,I am sure falling on his knees to get back that stranger isn't such a big deal for him" Arshia reasoned.

"Let me tell you something. I agree that I was gravely insulted in that court and I ought to take revenge but you have been friends with him way before I came into your life. I am not convincing you for him,Arya. I can't,I rather see him die in hell than you being friends with him again. But the whole world knows what power friendships hold and honestly I don't think you can live without a person who has done so much for you"

"I don't understand you Arshia. I seriously don't. At first you didn't want me to befriend Duryodhana,even before the dyut sabha and now suddenly you want me to befriend a man who tried to disrobe my wife?Are you drunk Arshia?" Karna dead-paned.

Arshia shook her head. "I don't like to drink. And when he tried to disrobe me,he wasn't disrobeing his best friend's wife,he was trying to disrobe the Pandavas only sister." And that hit Karna like a truck as he fell silent and into deep thought.

"I think it's my time to leave. Take care of Vrishaketu and take care of yourself. Keep yourself healthy and don't make harsh decisions" Arshia said. Karna snapped out and looked at Arshia. "How do you want me to leave you for 13 years?"

"Unfortunately you have to. We will meet after 13 years." Arshia walked closer to him and hugged him. "I am so proud of you Arya." Karna nodded against her neck.

.

Karna stood at the sideline as he watched Vasudev Krishna assign tasks to the Pandavas. It was mostly pleasing the Gods above and gaining important weapons.

"Arshia,you too,go to Kailash alongside Arjun." Krishna advised to which Arshia nodded. Krishna whispered at Arshia.

"Why do you want Mahathi Karna to befriend Bharta Duryodhana again?" Krishna asked, innocently. "You were spying?" Arshia raised her eyebrow. "Hey!I am the creator of the universe,I get to know by default" Krishna defended.

"As you are the creator of the universe,you already know why I told that to Arya. And correct your words, Vasudev. I would die but not want Arya to be friends with Duryodhana again."