59: The last year

Arriving at the Virat Kingdom,they sought help from the king. After knowing their real identities,the king happily let them stay in his palace and promised that no one except him would know about their identities. To blend in,the king provided them jobs. Yudhishthir was the king's minister,Bheem was the head chef,Nakul was a horse keeper,Sahadev was a cow keeper, Draupadi was the queen's handmaiden,Arshia was a musician and Arjun was a dance teacher in the form of a eunuch,due to the curse he obtained while spending time in heaven.

Alongside with different jobs,they had taken up disguises and different names. Yudhishthir was named Kanaka,Bheem was named Ballava,Arjun was named Brinnahala(which he got from Shri Krishna during the time he helped his friend abduct Maa Rukmini),Nakul was named Granthika,Sahadev was named Tantripala, Draupadi was named Sairandhri and Arshia was named Srimana.

The months weren't as tough as the seven would imagine it to be, courtesy of the king's service and protection. Word spread through Aryavart that Duryodhana had already sent out spies to haunt the 7 down but was met with only disappointment.

"Devi Srimana the keeper of horses,has sent you these laddoos!" A child shouted through the melody of music. Arshia(Srimana)opened her eyes and smiled at the child. She stood up, keeping the Veena down and bent down taking the small piece of laddoo. She chuckled and fed the kid.

"Thank you child" The child happily smiled and jumped away. Arshia bid her colleagues goodbye as she made her way to the secret spot the 7 had decided to meet at.

The jingling of her anklets grabbed attention as she smiled and paid respect to everyone who passed by. Until,Kichack made his arrival. He was the senapati of the army of the Virat Kingdom. He walked a bit too close to Arshia,which made her step back.

Knowing she couldn't be rude to the main man of the kingdom,she joined her hands and paid him the respect (he didn't deserve). Kichack licked his lips and nodded at her. Arshia scrunched her nose, feeling the bad smell of alcohol exert from him.

"Where are you going,Srimana?" He whispered, walking closer to Arshia. She stepped back and looked straight into his eyes. "My job isn't to tell you where I am going, Senapati Kichack" She gritted her teeth and glared at the man. Kichack laughed and extended his hand, carreseing her cheek.

"Oh,you are too beautiful to be a mere maid" He whispered into her ear. "I am married!" Arshia protested, walking back and wiping her cheek. "Are you..?" Kichack said, walking closer. "Yes,now if you could excuse me" Arshia walked to her left and walked away.

"Run away all you want but you are going to run back to me,Srimana" Arshia blocked off his voice and speed walked.

.

She reached the place to see the Pandavas already gathered there and were laughing because of something. She walked to them, grabbing their attention as each one of them passed a smile at her. She tried to smile back but failed miserably.

"Are you okay?" Sahadev asked,worry in his voice. "Kichack. That arrogant, intolerable man. Had the nerves to misbehave in front of almost all the dasis of the castle" Arshia clutched her skirt,her eyes filling with the tears of rage.

Each one of their expressions hardened at the tears of Arshia. At that very moment, Draupadi entered with a sad expression on her face. "What happened Panchali?" Arjun asked,worried. "Kichack" Arjun widened his eyes and looked at Arshia.

"That disgusting man has eyes on every woman in this castle" Arshia growled, wiping her tears away. "He did the same to you" Arshia mockingly nodded.

"We all know we can't do anything" Yudhishthir said. Arshia rolled her eyes and looked away from Yudhishthir. He wasn't someone Arshia could cooperate with,let alone forgive.

"Excuse me,I don't really see the purpose of having this meeting" Arshia turned around. "Arshia,stay" Yudhishthir said in an authorised tone.

"Why?" Arshia said with her back turned to them. "We might as well talk about how to stop Kichack" Yudhishthir replied. "I wish you did the same when me and Bhabhishree were dragged to that court." Arshia walked away.

Yudhishthir clinched his jaw and looked at the ground,his vision blurred due to tears.

.

Arshia laid flat on the mattress and stared at the ceiling, lacking sleep. Just a couple of days and this punishment would be over. She looked over to her churamani,the red diamond shining brightly. It was decided that Arshia would be wearing a less designed and expensive looking churamani because the one Karna had given her was too royal and fancy for a maid.

She,of course, resisted at first but realised that they were right. So she wore a less royal one,one that didn't have a giant red diamond at its peak. She kept it hidden,in the deepest corner where no one could find it. She locked it up and sat up straight as the sun illuminated the horizon.

.

Walking into the dancing area,she sat down on the side after greeting the queen who was waiting for her daughter,Uttara,to start practicing. Her son,Uttar, sat arrogantly by her side while sharpening his sword. She had her duty in the practice area today. Sitting near the harmonium,she got ready.

By that time, Draupadi walked to the queen and was shortly followed by Arjun in a saree. Arshia passed a teasy smile at Arjun as he glared at her but a small smile playing on his lips,pleased that at least she was starting to go back to being normal.

The session soon started and Uttara started practicing for 3 hours straight.

.

The loud sound of welcome music played, turning everyone's attention to it. The music in the hall stopped as we turned our attention to the huge doors. "Please welcome,The Yuvraj of Hastinapur, Yuvraj Duryodhana and The King of Gandhar,Gandhar Raj Shakuni!"

Arshia,Arjun and Draupadi shared horrified looks across the room.

What was Duryodhana doing here?

Did he have the hint that we were residing here?

.
.
.
.

Boring chapter.