60: Duryodhana's threat

The three of them looked at each other,across the room as slight fear and confusion arose in their veins.

"Maharani,you are requested to be present in the court to welcome our guests from Hastinapur" The servant entered the practice room with a bowed head. The queen nodded and shared one last look at her children before walking away.

A grin spread across Uttara's face as she looked reliefed that the practice was over. Arshia smiled at her expression before paying respect to her instrument and standing up. Uttara rushed to her and hugged her waist, walking along.

Arshia and Uttara became close quickly. She would spend hours and hours in the musical room, learning instruments from Arshia. Most of the time was spent with Uttara complimenting how amazingly skilled Arshia was.

She wrapped her right arm around the girl and smiled down at her. "Srimana,I am tired! You are friends with Brinnahala,tell her to reduce my practice time" She whined. Arshia let out a laugh and shook her head.

"She doesn't listen to me." Uttra groaned and shook her head. "Dear,go and wash up. We will meet once again" Uttara childishly nodded her head and proceeded to her chamber. Arshia stopped at her place and turned to look at Draupadi and Arjun. Arjun slowly nodded at the two of them as they nodded back.

Arshia was the first one to walk out and got to the secret spot where everyone was except Arjun and Draupadi. "You all heard?" Everyone nodded at her question, confusion clear on their faces.

"Duryodhana isn't the only threat" Bheem sighed angryly. Arshia frowned at his sudden anger and turned to Nakul for an answer. "Didn't Panchali tell you?" Nakul tilted his head. Arshia gestured 'no',eagerly waiting for an answer.

"Senapati Kichack. He has figured out Draupadi's identity and knew Duryodhana was coming. Panchali had a hint but wasn't sure if Duryodhana was actually coming. So Kichack threatened Panchali and said if she doesn't come today night to him,he will reveal her identity" Nakul explained.

"Oh...so men disrespect women even here?" Arshia mumbled loudly, directly gazing at Yudhishthir. He noticed her gaze and bowed his head,the reflections of that day flashing through his brain. "Arhsia" Bheem warned. Arshia rolled her eyes and looked away.

"All of you have heard.." Arjun said, entering the area alongside Draupadi. The talks after that skipped her ears as she fell into deep thought. Years and years of hard work going in the water just before a day doesn't calm her fire down.

"Arshia" Sahadev clicked his fingers infront of her face as she snapped out and looked at him. She shook her head and looked around. "Did you hear me the plan?" Arjun asked. She hesitantly shook her head, guilty that she zonned out.

"We are going to protect Panchali tonight. When she goes to Kichack,I will follow her to protect her or even kill Kichack. It's two birds in one arrow, Kichack is the one helping Duryodhana" Bheem explained. "That's how the quote goes?" Arshia mumbled to herself, getting weird looks from the others.

"I mean, wouldn't people hear Kichack scream when you try to kill him?And he is a raksas. With Duryodhana here and doubting that we actually are present in this very ground,you killing him will give away that we are really here" Arshia stated.

"We have to stay hidden. It's only till sundown and we are free. For the second part,we are all going to do different things. Like Arjun will dance,Nakul with his horses, Sahadev with his cows and you with your flute" Bheem continued.

Arshia gritted her teeth and nodded at Bheem.

"Of course, Yudhishthir gets to skip all the hard work and watch us act bodyguards" She thought.

"Well,I am sure it's almost night and we are close to impose our tasks. So, let's go" Yudhishthir announced.

.

Arshia sat at the top of the workers palace,the flute steady in her hands. She sat down at the railing,her legs swinging in the inner side. She looked at the dark horizon, letting the cool air hit her face and body. She shivered slightly but it was comforting. She looked over the horse stable, waiting for Nakul's call. He would start with just one horse,to indicate that they had to start.

She softly whistled, looking at her flute in all the directions. A loud horse sound was heard as she sat up alert and looked around. Soon enough, Sahadev's cows and Arjun's heavy steps mixed into the other sounds. Leaving a heavy sigh,she brought the flute close to her lips and started playing the melody.

And as if everything had disappeared,all the tension and the current situation,Arshia closed her eyes and swayed slightly with the melody.

.

Many voices rang through Duryodhana's ears but the sweet melody stood out the most. He looked around, trying to find the source but failed. He closed his eyes, trying to block out the sounds of horses and cows and focus on the soul warming melody of the flute.

"What is this?" Shakuni gritted his teeth, limping his way to his nephew and looked around. "Mama,can we rest?Just for a while?Cut out the sounds of horses,cows and someone dancing and focus on the flute. It's so soul warming" Duryodhana said softly,scared that his concentration might break down because of his conversation with Shakuni.

"You want to hear a damn flute when we are on the verge of losing the Pandavas?" He scolded Duryodhana. His nephew slowly grumbled and opened his eyes,the sound of the flute mixing with the other sounds.

"What do you want me to do?" Shakuni rolled his eyes and ignored his words to look around. Even though Shakuni restricted Duryodhana to hear the flute,he had to agree the divine melody was distracting him. It also made Shakuni feel fear,fear that it was Krishna who was playing the flute.

"Why does it sound so much like Krishna playing his flute?" Dusshasan spoke out Shakuni's fear. "He won't be here,he can't be here. He probably has work in Dwarka or something" Shakuni mumbled, trying to calm himself down.

Duryodhana stared at his uncle weirdly and looked away, trying to think why their was such sound at an unhealthy hour of the night.

.

The sound of the horses,cows and the dancing calmed down, Arshia's flute slowly stopped after. She opened her eyes and looked at the horse and cows stable. They were all calm now. She turned to see a good number of maids on their knees with their hands joined, looking at Arhsia with tears in their eyes.

She widened her eyes and climbed down the railing, hurrying over to the maids. "Hey hey, please stand up" She requested, kneeling.

"You can't be a normal maid Srimana. This divine,this godly. Who are you?" The maid asked,her tears falling freely. "It was as if we were gazing at Dwarkanaresh Vasudev Krishna"

Deha Vu hit her as she shook her head.

"I wish but I am normal,I am like you all. Please stand up." She requested. The maids looked at each other and stood up,Arshia following shortly after.

"How do you explain the flute?" A maid from the back asked. "I guess I am talented" Arshia scratched the back of her neck, trying not to sound self-obsessed. The maids chuckled at her nervousness, immediately agreeing to her word.

"Let's sleep. I am tired. The day has worn me out" Arshia acted. The maids made way for her as she awkwardly walked through. The maids soon followed and kept bombarding her with questions.

No sleep at night for Arshia,it seems.

.
.
.
.

I really don't know what I wrote.

Hope you all like it.

(Thank you so much for 70K)