58: 12 years

Arshia POV

12 years.

12 years of hiding.

12 years of spending in life in the forest.

12 years since that day and I hate that I don't feel anger towards them. I hate how I keep finding ways to forgive them. I hate it. I have vowed to kill them and suddenly,over time,I don't have the desire to.

It can be because of Karna and Vrishaketu.

Over time,when we roamed around we heard news and when Vasudev came,he used to tell us that Karna had gained a number of kingdoms for Hastinapur in the past years. It wasn't easy for Karna to be friends with Duryodhana again,I get it. How can he?That man tried to make his wife a slave.

But I have heard this a lot when I was in Kaliyug.

"When you are at your hardest time,when someone even trys to help you,they become a form of God to you,simply because you need them at the moment. You don't see if they are bad or good,you are just glad to hold on"

I applied this logic when I was studying 9th grade, history. Nazism was the chapter. Germans agreed to Hitler's rule because he was the only man or person to give them light in their dark world, during the great depression.

I did have a plan but I am afraid that it won't work. Let's see,I have gambled we will see if the gamble is successful or not.

"Arshia,food" I looked up at Draupadi and shook my head. "Not hungry. I had a heavy lunch." Draupadi sighed. I pulled my knees closer to my chest and stared at the setting sun. Tommorow's sun would mark 12 years to our exile and the start of the 13th year. We would go to Maharaj Virat's kingdom and request him to let us hide. If he agreed,we would work jobs for Virat Maharaj.

I wasn't too worried,I knew he would agree but the brothers were and so was bhabhishree.

"Arshia,it has been so many years. You haven't uttered a word to Arya Putros except Arya Arjun when you and him went to Kailash. Isn't it the right time to talk to them?"

It was true,I didn't talk to them nor did I pay any attention to them. Why? Because I found it right.

"I will,soon. Don't worry about it" I looked up at her and smiled. Draupadi sighed and nodded.

"Last chance?You don't wanna eat?" Draupadi extended her hand with the plate of food. I shook my head once again and turned away.

"Do you miss your husband?" Draupadi asked, sitting beside me. I nodded,tears arising in my eyes. I sighed and burried my face into my knees,tears finally escaping. I felt her hand rubbing my back as she comforted me.

"My respect for Angraj has increased immensely after the dyut sabha. I hope he fights for the right side once the war starts."

I didn't reply.

It's just that,even I want him to be on my side but I am afraid the power of God is stronger than the power of a mere mortal.

No one POV

Bheem rushed out of the hut and informed Draupadi to get ready as they would be leaving before dawn. He tunred his gaze at Arshia and sighed. How he missed talking to her.

"I think it's the right time for Arshia to change things" Draupadi looked at Arhsia and Bheem. "Aryaputro" She called out her husbands as one by one they came out and stood beside Bheem. Arshia wiped her tears and stood straight up. She raised her eyebrow at Draupadi.

"This is the last year,Arshia. After this,we wage a war against those who insulted us. If we have a conflict within our own army,that too the leads of the war for our side, it's destined that we lose. I hope you can fix your relation with the five" Draupadi patted Arshia's shoulder and walked into the hut.

Arshia rubbed her hands together, trying to find appropriate words. A tense and heavy atmosphere fell over them and none of the six could utter anything, scared that if they say something inappropriate,the relationship within them will worsen.

"Arshia,we all committed a mistake 12 years ago. It is and always be the worst mistake we can ever commit. I know what happened to you and Panchali was against all rules of life and we were the reason for it. It's hard for you to forgive us,I know but don't you think we should ammend our broken relationship?Just one more year and we step into war together. But we have inner wars,then we are destined to lose." Arjun completed,the nervousness clear in his tone.

Arshia looked straight into their eyes and thought about his words. He was right, completely right but Arshia didn't want to agree. That anger still lingered. Going against herself,she shook off the thought and smiled at them.

A bright smile took over the younger Pandavas as they stepped forward and hugged their sister. Arhsia rested her head on their shoulders and wrapped her arms around the two, soaking in the sibling comfort. Shortly after,the older Pandavas joined.

Draupadi smiled, peaking out of the hut.

"Arshia,you should pack your essentials. We will be leaving first thing in the morning" Bheem said as soon as they broke the hug. Arshia nodded and excused herself. As soon as she entered the hut,her expression changed drastically. The calm and comfort shown on her face vanished as a hard look took over.

Forgiveness would never be an option but Cooperation was just the perfect solution.

She picked up her churamani which had a red bright jewel on the top and hugged it close. Just a year,she would reunite with her husband,her son,her world. Draupadi wrapped her arms around Arshia's shoulder and rested her head on her shoulder.

"Just a year" Draupadi whispered into her ear. Arshia held her churamani in one hand as her other hand rested on Draupadi's arm. She nodded against her touch, leaning into the comfort.

Over the span of 12 years,Arshia and Draupadi had grown a lot closer. They did everything together and were almost never away from each other. Screw almost,they were never away from each other. During the years,they were always under the protection of at least one of Draupadi's husbands(which so often happened to be Yudhishthir.) The pain of their past bonded them together and established a relationship the world wasn't prepared for.

.

The god of sun dimly shined over the horizon as the 7 abandoned their hut and started to walk to the Virat kingdom. Arshia looked around, seeing the sun shine a bit harder. She lowly groaned, feeling something poke the back of her bare foot. She stopped and looked down to see a fresh wound to form.

"Are you okay?" Sahadev asked, walking over to her and looking at her foot. Arshia nodded and set her foot back on the ground. "We can rest you know" Nakul suggested, stopping everyone.

"We can't. I am sure Duryodhana and Shakuni sent out spies. On top of that,if we get spotted,we have to enter another 13 years of Vanvas. No one wants that, execpt those evil people" Arshia rolled her eyes. Draupadi laughed at her childish tone. "We should proceed. If Arshia is uncomfortable,she will inform us" Draupadi said as the journey resumed.

"How excited are you? 1 year and you get back your husband and son" Draupadi whispered, looking down and carefully walking. "Amazing" A small smile took over her face. The fire born looked up at the queen of Anga, who was smiling softly at the mere thought of her husband and son.

"You deserve every bit of happiness,Arshia"

.
.
.
.

I am alive.