29: It's him

"What's the matter?Why are you so annoyed?" Arshia asked, closing the doors of their chamber.

Arshia turned to Karna,her gaze burning him. He looked at Arshia with the same gaze. He won the dominance causing Arshia to gulp at how angry he looked. He walked to her and, sub-consciously,she backed away. His heavy and angry steps echoed in the room. 

Trying not to appear weak,she stood firm in her place. Their bodies were almost a centimetre apart now. Arshia looked up to see Karna's blazing eyes on her.

Although Arshia was considered tall for a woman in this yug,she felt small against Karna. All the men here were way taller than the men in Kaliyug.

"You were with the Pandavas and their wife, weren't you?" Karna's harsh tone asked. Arshia frowned at how he presented his words. "Yes,I was with them. What about it?" Arshia asked, bravely. She scanned his face...his expression hardened and discomfort rose on his face.

"Don't act like you don't know Arshia" Karna spat. He walked away from her,not giving her the slightest chance to reply back.

He stood in front of the mirror and harshly removed all of his ornaments,his crown being the last. She saw how harsh his movements were and, somewhere deep down,she felt guilty.

Arshia walked to him and hugged his bare body,from the back. Her left cheek rested against his hard back as she mumbled

"I am sorry. I am helpless. They are my dharm-brothers and bhabhishree Draupadi wanted my advice in this grave matter. My priorities and loyalties lie with you, Karna. "

Karna rested his hands on Arshia's and leaned his head back. He sighed and turned around, pulling Arshia into a hug.

.

Arshia POV

I feel double-faced.

I feel guilty.

I feel horrible.

Just minutes ago,I had promised bharta Arjun that I would support him,his brothers and their wife through anything and then I am telling Karna that my priorities and loyalties lies with him.

Mahamahim,one of the most learned men of Aryavart, considers me the epitome of dharma...which I surely don't deserve to be. He told me that I was what he wanted to see on the throne and that surely warmed me. But do I deserve it?No. Do I deserve all the praise?No. The Pandavas, having someone like bharta Yudhishthir the son of dharma,came to me for refudge. They wanted my advice in their matter. Bhabhishree Draupadi considered me as an equal to her husbands.

All of them were important to me. They were my dharm-brothers after all. But Karna was my husband,my lover,my well-wisher,my everything lied with him. My soul and heart was devoted to the son of lord Surya. My priorities should lie with him but shree Krishna,the almighty God,has introduced me as his sakhi and ultimately, everyone views me as the face of dharma. Shree Krishna had glorified me in my swaymvar and later the praises in my name never left his lips.

I remember,when I was in Dwarka...when I walked down the street, people would say

"She is Vasudev Krishna's priya sakhi, Rajkumari Arshia. She surely has the looks to be his sakhi"

"Her beauty is remarkable!I heard,Kalinga's king was planning to marry his son to Rajkumari Arhisa!His son was so intoxicated by her beauty that he wanted her at any cost!But dwarka-naresh Krishna made sure nothing came close to her"

"If dharma was a person,it would surely be her. I mean,have you heard how highly Vasudev Krishna speaks of her?I am sure she is not some ordinary rajkumari. She must be the prasad of Gods!"