8: Durshala's Marriage-1

"Arshia!Oh come on,why do I always find you practicing some weapon or the other?" Durshala exclaimed,her eyes viewing Arshia practising sword fighting.

"I lost against a duel with Bhrata Nakul. Might as well use my time up practicing sword and maybe defeating him the next time I face him." Arshia replied, putting her sword away.

"Well,all that can wait. You have a lifetime to have a duel with Bhrata Nakul" Durshala dramatically stretched.

"We don't have a lifetime for anything, Durshala jiji. Everything has a limit so does life." Arshia said with wisdom filled in her tone. A frown made upon Durshala's face but she ignored her words.

"Do you even have a idea of what has happened while you were practising?" Durshala said,her voice turning stern and serious. Her voice made Arshia tense up a bit.

"W-what happened?"

"Bhrata Duryodhana has arranged a marriage for me" Arshia's face lost all it's colour as the story of Mahabharata ran in her head(about Durshala's marriage)

"With who?" Arshia asked, clearing her thorat making sure that Durshala wouldn't question her behaviour.

"Sindhraj"

.

"And you are okay with that?" After a moment of silence Arshia decided to speak up. "I don't have am option,Arshia. He is my brother,I am sure he wouldn't make a bad decision for me"

The confidence in her voice made Arshia pity the girl, knowing the exact reason why Duryodhana had arranged a marriage for Durshala with an enemy kingdom of Hastinapur.

"Oh,why that look?I am getting married"

"And you don't seem happy about that Durshala jiji. Do you notice your own tone?How mixed it sounds?You can't mask your sadness everytime,you can't infront of me atleast.
Rajkumar Duryodhana must have provided you an option,right?Why didn't you say no?"

"He did but at the time he had already sent a invitation to Sindraj and I couldn't possibly deny"

"So technically you didn't even have a choice."

Arshia shaked her head at the injustice Duryodhana had done to him own sister.

"We will have to think about that later. Take a fresh bath and calm down. Your expressions are so tensed and even your body language. He is coming to Hastinapur tomorrow and we will be having the marriage here,in Hastinapur upon my request."

Arshia's throat went dry. Even if she wanted to do anything,she wouldn't be able to. Not being able to say anything,she nodded and walked away from Durshala not even sparing her a 'goodbye'.

.

"Rajkumari!!Be careful! That's the dragger" The dasi exclaimed resisting the urge to go to Arshia and hold her wrist to stop her from almost cutting the area near her ear/neck

Arshia stopped in her actions and stared into the mirror, widening her eyes to see the dragger positioned perfectly to slice her neck.

"Arh-Oh My God!Arshia!" Durshala exclaimed in horror almost running over to her and throwing the dragger away.

Arshia stood up in a hurry and tried to explain herself but she came into an eye contact with Arjun. She squinted her eyes to see him,not knowing he had already returned. She softly smiled at him and then turned her gaze to a horrified Durshala. Before Durshala could open her mouth,she said

"No, Durshala jiji. I am not trying to kill or injure myself,I am not crazy. I,for some reason,grabbed my dragger thinking it was my neck piece. Don't worry,the dasi stopped me before I could hurt myself"

Arshia left a breath,which she didn't realise she was holding. She smiled nervously under Durshala's burning glare.

"Be careful, Rajkumari Arshia. If the dasi wasn't here or something,you could have seriously hurt yourself" Arjun said walking to the two.

"I was just absent-min-"

"Then don't be!Arshia,you don't realise how it looked like. When we entered,you were staring at the mirror with a dragger pointing directly at your neck!" Durshala said,tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

Arshia softly sighed and nodded at the girl. Durshala sighed and shaked her head.

"Bharat Arjun wanted to meet you. When you are done talking,meet me in my chamber. You have to help me choose my outfit for tomorrow. Pranipat" Although dissapointment still lingered in her tone,Arshia decided to ignore it and bid her a goodbye.

"When did you come back?" Arshia asked as the both sat infront of each other.

"It's been a while. I met everyone else and you were the only one left so I thought of paying you a visit. You have been eating your meals, right?" Arjun mocked at the end. Arshia laughed in reply and nodded.

"Yeah. I forgot to ask you between all the hustle and bustle,how was the war and I heard the monster Kalyawan got to you two. Subhadra jiji is okay right?Are you okay?"

"I am fine and so is Rajkumari Subhadra. Vasudev, himself,had come and saved us"

An enchanting smile washed his face when he mentioned Krishna. Arshia nodded at his words and relaxed back.

"Vasudev has sent this for you"

He said handed over a golden box. Arshia opened the box to see a ring,a very expensive looking one,she must say. An enchanting smile took over her face as she wore it.

"It's so pretty" Arshia said in 'aww'. Arjun smiled at her amazed face.

"Rajkumar Arjun, Rajmata Kunti is requesting you in her chamber" A dasi informed.

Arshia and Arjun soon bid their goodbyes and he headed to his mother.

.

"Durshala jiji,this is perfect." Arshia said in a tired tone as she sat down cupping her cheeks whole her elbows pressed against her thighs.

"Oh come one,you said that to the last lehenga also" Durshala said looking at the mirror and admiring the lehenga.

"But you seem to like this one,so let's choose this one and it's just a meet and greet. Why do you need to be so decked up?" Arshia asked in annoyance as she stood up.

"It's not just a meet and greet,Arshia. I am going to meet a man with whom I am spend the rest of my life with and they say the first impression is the last impression. " Durshala said laying the lehenga flat.

Arshia rolled her eyes and turned around,her hands hovering over the jewellery. She picked up a necklace and turned to Durshala, putting it high to show Durshala a display of the necklace.

"How pretty would this look with this lehenga?" Arshia said laying it on the lehenga peice. Durshala smiled brightly and nodded at her.

"This is definitely the one!" She celebrated.

"Oh,the two of you are already done." Gandhari said entering the chamber with Kunti by her side. The two stood up and smiles at the elderly women.

"I know. Arshia has great choice and was getting impatient" Durshala mocked.

The women laughed.

"It's almost night,putri(s). Have your dinner and go to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day"

Kunti informed as the two princesses nodded and walked out.

.
.
.

Hope you enjoyed reading.
I don't mean to hurt anyone's religious beliefs.
Stay tuned for updates!
Vote!
Enjoy