16:Him and Her

Celebrations were spread across Anga as they have know got the most finest and beautiful woman in Aryavart as their queen.

The streets of Anga were filled with joy and happiness. A soft and elegant smell of flowers filled those streets. A number of kings,queens,princes and princesses had arrived to witness Karna's and Arshia's wedding.

But Karna's heart craved only his parents. While everyone was inside, having their feast,Karna stood near the entrance of his palace waiting for his parents. His marriage was tomorrow and his parents were still not in the palace.

Arshia had noticed Karna's absence and had roamed around the entire palace, failing to find him. While she was roaming around the halls,she noticed Karna looking out the gate.

Karna turned around hearing the jingling sounds of her anklets. When he made eye contact with her,he smiled trying not to show his worried face.

"Don't act,not in front of me at least. You have to spend your entire life with me...are you going to lie forever?"

Karna shook his head.

"Then?"

"I am waiting for my parents. T-they aren't here yet"

"They won't leave you alone,Angraj. They didn't then and they won't now. So,why tense?"

Karna absent-mindedly nodded.

"Radheya"

A elderly woman called out as Karna turned out,a bright and happy smile on his face. He walked towards the woman, touched her feet and hugged her. His father,with a stoned expression,hugged his son.

Arshia could see the hesitation in that hug and it saddened her.. knowing she shared a similar kind of relationship with her own father.

Radha, Karna's mother, was gazing at Arshia thinking if she was her future daughter-in-law.

She walked to Radha and bent down seeking her blessings. Seeing Karna had moved beside his mother,she sought Adhiratha's,Karna's father, blessings when he suddenly stepped behind.

It felt as if the world had froze. Arshia couldn't come up and stand straight. The thoughts of Karna's father not accepting her was slowly killing her.

"Putri,you already have my blessings. You don't need to bend down and seek them."

Arshia stood up,an enchanted smile on her face. Adhiratha opened his arms as Arshia slowly hugged him. She had thought it would be awkward but when he hugged her,a sense of belongingness filled her heart.

"Maa and Pitashree,you two shall proceed. It must have been a tiring journey for you"

Adhiratha softly caressed Arshia's hair and followed Radha inside the palace.

The guards closed the gates of the Anga palace.

Feeling a sense of confidence washed over him,Karna wrapped his strong arms around Arshia,who was following his parents.

She held back a scream.

"W-what the—"

"Shhh...you don't want my parents turning and viewing us like this,do you?"

Arshia shook her head.

From the corner of her eyes,she could see the guards holding back their smiles.

"A-angraj,ma-maybe n-not h-here. The gu-guards"

"Am I that intimidating that you can't even speak properly,Arshia?" He huskily whispered.

She didn't know what her reaction should be. Before this they had exchanged a maximum of 7-8 words which included good night and good morning. Never were they this close to each other,leave that...over the 3 days she couldn't even remember when she was alone with him.