53: Force

Arshia stood on the last step as she looked back at the castle. The very castle which was going to burn with rage in just minutes. She had talked to Vrishaketu and he had requested that he would come with his father and bid a proper good bye to the Hastinapur family. So she had to go back alone.

Oh,the feeling of being a coward burned her within and it was not helping her. She wanted to climb the chariot and run away,but Draupadi was holding her back. The thought of her was holding her back. She knew Draupadi was more than capable to protect herself but the feeling didn't wash away.

As she was about to sit on the charioter's seat,a scream held her back.

"This is the women's quater,how dare you enter?!!!"

Arshia recognised Draupadi's scream and turned around. She held up her saree and ran hurriedly towards the ladies chamber, leaving the chariot behind.

She stumbled,knocked over vases and what not but ran at full speed. Her saree was just hanging on but she didn't care. Draupadi was the only thing on her mind. She burst into the chambers to see Duryodhana's charioteer and two other men standing with their heads down and Draupadi covering herself.

Arshia ran to Draupadi and made her sit and stood infront of her.

"You realise what crime have you just committed right?!You cannot enter this area, don't you have such simple knowledge?!" Arhsia yelled at them and shifted in her place so that Draupadi remained fully covered.

"We are sorry,queen of Anga but Yuvraj Duryodhana has ordered her to the court. Das Yudhishthir has lost Rajkumari Draupadi and you" His charioteer informed. "Lost me and Arshia?" Draupadi stood behind Arshia. "Sit down,will you?" Arshia hissed.

"Out of this chamber this instant!And tell Duryodhana that I am not his servent that I will obey his orders!And nor will Arshia!" The man nodded and hurried out of the chamber.

"Hide" Arshia mumbled. "What?" Draupadi asked. "Hide"

"You want us to hide. You,one of the most learned women in weaponry in the whole of Aryavart and me,a fire born to hide?" Asked Draupadi in an unbelievable tone. "You don't know what will happen,jiji!Just hide!" Arhsia yelled, turning to look at Draupadi.

"What do you know Arshia?!There is something and you are refusing to tell me!" Draupadi yelled back. "Duryodhana is not going to stay quiet and listen to our orders,Krishnaa!You have to hide!" Draupadi stared at her with a emotion that was not named.

"If he comes and drags me to the court,then he faces the fire born. Fire can't be hidden Arshia" Draupadi's eyes burned. "You are being stubb—"

Heavy footsteps and heavy chains being dragged on the ground were heard. Arshia turned her attention to the sound and instantly covered Draupadi. She took off her own scarf and wrapped it around Draupadi. She looked around and took the red velvet table cloth off and covered Draupadi.

"What are you doing?I am not supposed—"

"For once,Jiji just once break the rules and regulations" Arshia whispered and turned to the doors, sensing danger.

Dussahan entered with a nasty smirk on his face. Arshia stood infront of Draupadi and glared at the man. She saw the two male servents carrying huge chains.

"Men are not allowed here, Rajkumar!" Arshia warned. "Bharta has called the fire born to the court and when Dasis refuse to accept their masters orders,they are punished" Dussahan said looking behind Arshia.

"Bharta Yudhishthir has lost me too. Take me rather!" Arshia screamed. "I would be pleased to but that's not what I was ordered to do. I was ordered to drag Draupadi to the court. Anyways, Angraj Karna is your husband and Bharta cannot pain him" Dussahan said casually, walking to the two women.

"Stay where you are, Dussahan" Draupadi said, standing beside Arshia. Arshia shook her head but Draupadi wasn't ready to agree. "I am Aryavart's queen and she is Anga's queen,how can we end up being mere servents!We are not agreeing to your words!"

"Dasi, don't speak nonsense!Your title is snatched away from you!"

"When a spark of fire occurs in a dry forest,the whole forest burns! Similarly my fire will burn your 100 brothers, Dussahan!" Draupadi warned. "Shut up,dasi!" When Dussahan moved forward,Arshia made her sword appear and placed on his neck. "I will slay you this moment if I have to Dussahan!Be careful!" Dussahan looked at Arshia and smirked. The servents raised their weapons and attacked Arshia. She turned her gaze at them and attacked back.

While they were keeping her occupied, Dussahan marched at Draupadi.

Suddenly more servents entered and circled Arshia. She looked at all of them with fire in her eyes. While she was taking on 3 at a time,the other two had made their way to the chains and wrapped it around Arshia. The weight of the chains made Arhsia release her grip on the sword and suddenly,she has became helpless.

"You will punished for changing fate,Arshia"

Arhsia wanted a dagger to appear in her hands but the universe went against her and her magic didn't obey. "So this is what you meant Krishna. I would become powerless" Arshia bitterly thought trying to wiggle out.

She saw Dussahan fall on the floor and Draupadi gripping the sword tight.

"Go to Kampilya!Go!My chariot must be outside!Just go!!!Cover your head with the scarf!Go away Krishnaa!" Draupadi looked at Arshia and shook her head. "I can't, without you!"

"For Krishna,Jiji!For your sakha!Just go!I have Arya with me,he won't let anything happen to me! Please!" Draupadi was in a turmoil but seeing Dussahan stand up,she nodded at Arhsia.

"You are not going anywhere!" Dussahan yelled, grabbing the back of Draupadi's hair. "Dussahan! Don't you dare drag her to the court by her hair!"

"If she doesn't agree,she has to be taken to the court in such manner!" Draupadi elbowed Dussahan and send him to a table. He crashed against it and fell down. She ran to Arhsia and tried to untie her.

"Please. For me. For the sake of our respect for each other,get out of here." Arshia's voice broke. "I am not taught to leave my friends behind" Draupadi said, pulling the chains. "You are hurting me, both mentally and physically. Once this is over,I will stay by your side. But now,just go" Draupadi was reluctant,but a push from Arshia made her agree and she walked away,her steps reflecting regret.

A dagger finally appeared in her hands as she tried to throw it had Dussahan who was running to follow Draupadi. A huge nasty cut formed on his formarm as he glared at Arshia.

"Just you wait. I will make you suffer more than dasi Draupadi!" He walked out. Arshia screamed to stop him but he wasn't stopping.

She kept on moving in her place and tried to lossen the chains but nothing was helping her. The servents were long gone behind Dussahan, following him like puppies.

She joined her palms and prayed.

"Release me from this,just this and I am ready to accept any punishment"

.
.
.

Thank you!