40: To Indraprastha once again!

"Mata!" Vrishaketu called out. Arshia turned to him and smiled, asking what had happened.

"I was wondering...aunt Subhadra's child.." He drifted off, hoping Arshia would get what he was trying to say. Arshia's smile flattened a bit.

Her mind was so invested in Hastinapur that she forgot Indraprastha. Of course,the first 6-7 months they were in contact but after that the letters suddenly started to disappear and in these five years the Pandavas have not visited Hastinapur,even once.

"I don't know,child" Arshia replied.

"Can we visit them?" His eyes shined.

Arshia went into deep thought and told Vrishaketu that she would think about it.

.

"What's with you?You are in such deep thought all day?" Karna asked wiping his sweat away. Arshia shook her head and held his bow tight. Shortly after she kept it safe in a corner.

"You can't lie to me dear. It's practically impossible" Karna spoke softly. Her eyes gazed up with a hint of surprise in her eyes. But then it clicked her mind, it's been such a long time and for sure they have grown onto each other.

"Vrishaketu was requesting to meet Subhadra jiji's and bharta Arjun's child" Karna tilted his head and it seemed as if he was asking her what the problem was. "And?"

"And?and nothing" Arshia said casually, setting the bed. "You should go on Sirbiya(their horse)" Karna suggested.

"It's been quite some time I have even talked to them and if I suddenly appear in their castle and also,I no longer have a loyal title" Arshia said tensed. "If the Pandavas made you their sister by acknowledging your royal title,then you should soon forget that they even exist"

Arshia looked up at him and nodded.

"How do you manage to calm my burning heart? It's honestly sensational and marvelous" Arshia complimented,the adore and admire shining through her eyes. Karna shared a heartly laugh and wrapped his arm around Arshia.

They sat on the ground and leaned against the wall,with Karna's arm still around Arshia. Arshia rested her head on his shoulder and stared out the window looking at the shining moon. Karna narrated all his incidents and Arshia shared them too.

It was indeed magical.

.

The next morning

A smile of happiness spread across Vrishaketu's face as he carresed the horse's mane.

"Don't do anything that might hurt you dear!" Radha exclaimed, grabbing Vrishaketu. He absent-mindedly nodded and continued to carres the horse's mane.

"You do realise that you are being stubborn?" Karna said walking out of the house. "What's wrong?You are not with Yuvraj anymore and you have no link with them whatsoever!So please accompany us!" Arshia pleaded, trailing him.

"What happened Putri?" Adhiratha asked. "Pitashree I want Arya to accompany me to Indraprastha but he just doesn't agree" Arshia whined looking at Adhiratha desperately,as if she was asking him to make Karna agree with her. A humour filled expression washed over Adhiratha's face as he glared at his son.

"Why trouble my daughter,Karna?" Adhiratha said walking infront of Arshia and covering her. Obviously missing the playfulness in his voice,she stared at her father-in-law confused but was glad that he was defending her. She peaked from behind Adhiratha and joined her hands,still pleading him.

Karna,when tried to speak, Adhiratha silenced him and shaked his head.

"Pitashree how are we three supposed to travel on one horse?" Karna reasoned. "Vrishaketu will be with me for the whole time, don't worry!I will make sure the horse doesn't face any trouble!" She spoke rapidly. Karna's mouth gaped open at her reasoning and he couldn't find properly words to speak.

"He's going" Adhiratha declared as Arshia excitedly smiled and thanked him. Turning around,Adhiratha placed his palm over her head and ruffled her hair.

"Let me pa—"

"I have already packed it, let's go now!" Arshia beamed excitedly. Karna stared at her shocked but,within his mind,clapped for his wife.

Arshia climbed up and carried Vrishaketu. Karna left a watery sigh and climbed the horse, wrapping his arm around her waist and one around Vrishaketu.

And the journey started.

.

It took a couple of days to reach Indraprastha. They stood infront of the castle and,now,where facing restrictions the exact situation Arshia was afraid of.

With Arshia's request,the guards agreed to sent a message to the king and take permission to let them enter. Arshia could feel Karna's blood boil and his mind saddening,that she was stripped off her royal title.

She heard loud and mixed sound of anklets reaching her ears. Turning to the royal gate,her smile widened seeing Subhadra and Draupadi speed-walk to her with their husbands walking behind them.

Upon reaching near Arshia, Draupadi and Subhadra bear-hugged Arshia,tears escaping their eyes. They whispered into Arshia's ears,which she couldn't quite figure out but she wrapped her arms around them, comforting them because even though she couldn't understand she could make out it was all complaints.

Nakul and Sahadev bent down and talked to Vrishaketu.

Karna stood a bit away from his family and thus, couldn't be noticed by the Pandavas, Draupadi and Subhadra. The first one to notice him was Arjun. When they made eye contact,Arjun felt as if it was an illusion. He gulped down a lump of saliva and whispered

"Maharathi Karna?"

All of their ears perked up at his word as they turned their attention on Karna, finally acknowledging the man. He stood at an awkward place and rested his left arm on the horse.

Pulling away from the hug, Draupadi and Subhadra also looked at Karna.

"Pranipat Maharathi Karna" Yudhishthir greeted calmly. Karna joined his palms and greeted them back. Arshia looked at her brothers and husband proudly with a bright smile.

"Shall we proceed?"

Draupadi asked.

.

"Where is your child, Subhadra jiji!" Arshia asked hurriedly walking to Subhadra, leaving Karna behind. Karna looked at his wife and smiled at Arshia's excitement to meet a new child. He ruffled Vrishaketu's hair and allowed him to go to the twins. He shared a bright smile to his father and ran to the twins.

He looked at the illusionary palace and stared at it awe-struck.

Arjun turned around and looked at Karna walking way behind them and looking at his surroundings. A gaze of appreciation caste over the entire palace. Arjun stopped at his place and admired Karna for a good while minute.

All though the whole palace was illuminated with the light blue and white colour,he still shined the most. The colour yellow shined through him and it made Arjun doubt if he was actually a sut-putra or some demi-god.

"Maharathi Karna!" Arjun warned as Karna paused at his place and looked at his raised right foot. He realised it was an illusion and was actually a pond randomly in between a hall for the palace.

"Why is there a pond here?" Karna muttered and walked around it to go to the other side. He raised his gaze and whispered a thank you to Arjun.

Arjun and Karna walked beside each other in complete but comforting silence.

Arshia turned around and gazed at the duo walking beside each other and thought

"We were stripped off this bromance"

.
.

Thank you!
Enjoy reading!
Vote.