5. Being thrown out

Author's POV

The next day Banaras, Sikander was driving his car towards Kashish's house. He had left for Banaras early in the morning so that he would complete the work given by Vardhan and go back to Rajasthan within a day. Sikander had told his men who were in Banaras to keep Anand ji's body secure and safe. He reached Kashish's house and came down. He looked at the house and then walked inside. Sikander looked at Nandani who was getting scolded by her father.

" You are such a useless brat. You can't even make something good. " said Nandani's father, Mr Tripaathi. Mr Tripaathi always wanted a son but Nandani was born. He hated Nandani and always scolded her. Mr Tripaathi looked at Sikander. " Yes, who are you?" asked Mr Tripaathi, " I have come from Rajasthan. I have been ordered to get Rani sa's, I mean Kashish ji's clothes there." said Sikander. Nandani came to him. " Where is Kashish? And why is she in Rajasthan?" asked Nandani, " Nandani." shouted Mr Tripaathi.

Nandani looked at her father. " Sorry Papa." said Nandani. Mr Tripaathi looked at Nandani. " You pack Kashish's clothes and give it to him." said Mr Tripaathi, " Sure Papa." said Nandani. Nandani then went to Kashish's room. Nandani took out all Kashish's clothes. She kept it on the bed. Nandani looked around and saw the suitcase kept above the closet. " How should I get this?" said Nandani. Nandani picked the stool and kept it near the closet.

Nandani stood on it and tried to hold it. Suddenly Nandani's foot slipped. She was about to fall but someone held her. Nandani opened her eyes and found herself in Sikander's arms. Nandani and Sikander were looking into each other's eyes. When they heard a loud and angry voice. " Nandani." said Mr Tripaathi. Nandani and Sikander looked at Mr Tripaathi. Sikander kept Nandani down. " Baba, you are." said Nandani. But before Nandani could explain anything, Mr Tripaathi slapped her.

Nandani was about to fall because of the slap but Sikander held her. " You are just a characterless girl." said Mr Tripaathi, " Enough." said Sikander in anger. Mr Tripaathi looked at him. " Can you stop speaking nonsense?" said Sikander, " If you trust her so much. Then you only keep her. I don't want her." said Mr Tripaathi. Sikander looked at Nandani. " Pack your things. You are coming with me." said Sikander.

Nandani looked at him. Nandani wanted to say something but Sikander held her hand. " Quickly, come with me. I am not interested in listening to anything." said Sikander. Nandani looked at her father. Mr Tripaathi went from there. After some time, Sikander was driving the car. Nandani was sitting with him. Sikander looked at her. " Don't worry. I will do nothing with you. I will leave you with Rani sa. You will be safe with her." said Sikander. Nandani looked out of the window.

In Rajasthan, Kashish was roaming in the palace. She was still in Vardhan's kurta pajama. She came to the gym and saw Rohit struggling to do boxing. " How should I do this?" said Rohit, " Can I help you?" asked Kashish. Rohit looked at her. " Good morning Bhabhi." said Rohit. Kashish came to him. " Good morning." said Kashish, " You know boxing?" asked Rohit, " Yeah, give me the gloves." replied Kashish.

Rohit gave Kashish the boxing gloves. Kashish wore it. " Now look, the first thing that made me the best boxer is. Always imagine that this punching bag is someone whom you hate." said Kashish. Kashish was able to see Vardhan's face instead of the punching bag. " Okay." said Rohit. Kashish looked at Rohit. " So now, punch the punching bag. Showing your hatred towards that person." said Kashish.

Kashish started punching the bag. Vardhan was standing there and looking at all this. Kashish then looked at Rohit, " So, I think this lesson would help you." said Kashish, " Yeah sure. Thanks Bhabhi. " said Rohit. Kashish removed the gloves and came out of the gym. She looked at Vardhan. Kashish flipped her hair and her hair hit straight on Vardhan's cheeks. Kashish then came down the stairs. Kashish saw a couple sitting there along with Ashwini and Jairaj. And an old lady was also sitting there.

That lady was looking older than Jairaj. Ashwini and Jairaj looked at her. That lady got up. " So she is your Vardhan's wife. Like this." said Bua. She is Bua of Jairaj. Jairaj got up. " Bua, she isn't like this. She is very traditional." said Jairaj. Bua looked at Jairaj. " I can see that. How traditional she is." said Bua. " Namaste." said Kashish and then bent and touched Bua's feet.

" Hmm, stay happy." said Bua. When Nitya came there. " Hey Preet." said Nitya. Preeti got up and came to her. " Hey Di." said Preeti. Nitya and Preeti hugged each other. The next moment, Reena, Jairaj's sister, got up. She looked at Bua. " Bhai sa, why doesn't Kashish make food for all of us?" asked Reena. Kashish looked at Ashwini. Ashwini noticed that Kashish was thinking something.

" Okay, Kashish, come I will show you the kitchen." said Ashwini, " Hm." said Kashish. Ashwini got Kashish to the kitchen. " What happened?" asked Ashwini, " I don't know how to even boil water." said Kashish. Ashwini smiled. " Okay. Don't worry. You just mix the ingredients I tell you." said Ashwini, " Okay." said Kashish, " No, she will not do anything." said Vardhan. Ashwini and Kashish looked at him. " But Vardhan. " said Ashwini.

Vardhan came inside. " I don't want my family to die with the food that she would make. And you, come with me." said Vardhan and held Kashish hand and pulled her out of the kitchen. " Leave my hand. " said Kashish and tried to free her hand. But Vardhan didn't listen to anything. He got her out in the garden. Then he pushed Kashish inside the car. Kashish looked at him. " Vardhan." said Kashish.

But Vardhan didn't listen to anything and closed the door of the car. Vardhan sat on the driving seat and drove the car from there. Kashish was very irritated. They reached the cremation ground. Kashish looked out and saw Anand ji's body lying on the pyre. " Baba." said Kashish and got out of the car. She fell near the pyre and started to cry. Nandani came to her and hugged her. Kashish looked at Nandani.

Sikander came to Vardhan and stood with him. The pandit came there with the lightning stick. Kashish looked at it. She took it and then burned the pyre. " Baba, I promise you that I will be an IPS officer just like you. I will make you proud." said Kashish. Nandani hugged her. Vardhan was looking at them when he got a call from Jairaj. Vardhan picked Jairaj's call.

" Where are you?" asked Jairaj, " Kashish is doing her father's last rituals." replied Vardhan, " Okay. You get her bad. Bua is getting angry." said Jairaj, " Who cares about her." said Vardhan and then cut the call. After some time, Vardhan, Kashish, Sikander and Nandani were heading back towards the Thakur haveli. Kashish looked at Nandani. " What are you doing here?" asked Kashish. Nandani looked at Kashish and started to cry.

" Nandani, Baba." replied Nandani and told Kashish everything about how Mr Triaapthi misunderstood her and Sikander. " I can't believe this." said Kashish, " How can he do this with you? This is very unfair. I will not leave him." said Kashish. Nandani held her hand. " Shut up Kashish. Whatever it is, he is my father." said Nandani, " Okay, so keep doing this." said Kashish.