30. The Past

Author's POV

Vardhan was sitting in the other room and thinking about something. Flashback, when Kashish was 4 and Vardhan was 14. Kashish looked at Vardhan. " Vardhan, give me that. " said Kashish. Kashish was a small girl. Vardhan had got a very nice pen from Anand. And Kashish wanted that pen. Vardhan kept the pen inside the pocket. " No, this is mine. " said Vardhan, " Give me. " said Kashish, " I said no. " said Vardhan. Kashish started to cry loudly. Ashwini came there. " What happened? Why is Kashish crying? Vardhan, what did you do?" asked Ashwini. Vardhan looked at his mother. 

 " Maa seriously, you are blaming me. She is telling me to give her this pen and I just got this pen." said Vardhan. Kashish looked at Ashwini. " Aunty, please tell him to give me that pen." said Kashish. Ashwini looked at Kashish and picked her in her arms. " Come on Vardhan, give the pen." said Ashwini, " But Maa. I really like this pen." said Vardhan. Kashish started to cry more. " Vardhan." shouted Ashwini, " Okay, okay." said Vardhan and gave the pen to Kashish. Kashish took the pen and smiled. Vardhan made a face. 

" I don't like this girl. " said Vardhan and then went from there. Kashish became sad. Kashish looked at Ashwini. " Aunty. If Vardhan will not talk to me then he will also not marry me? " said Kashish. Ashwini smiled. Ashwini and Gayatri always told Kashish that they will get married to Vardhan when both the kids grow up. Kashish always dreamt of marrying Vardhan and knew that she would be the future Mrs Vardhan Singh Thakur. Kashish came down from Ashwini's arms. " I will just go and talk to Vardhan. " said Kashish and with her small feet she ran towards the direction where Vardhan went. Gaytri came there with 2 cups of tea. She looked at Kashish who was going. 

" Where is she going?" asked Gayatri. Ashwini looked at her. " Nothing. She and Vardhan fought again over a pen and now Vardhan is angry with her. So she thinks that if he would be angry with her then how will she become future Mrs Vardhan Singh Thakur." said Ashwini. Gayatri laughed. " She is so silly, I say." said Gayatri, " Gayatri, don't call my daughter-in-law silly. She is very cute and loving." said Ashwini, " Okay, okay." said Gayatri and then kept the cups down. " Raja sahab, Bhaiya." said Gayatri. Anand ji and Jairaj came there. " What is happening between future mother-in-laws?" asked Jairaj. Gayatri looked at him. " Nothing Bhaiya. Just Kashish and Vardhan fighting again." replied Gayatri. 

Gayatri never had a brother so Jairaj is like a brother to her. Kashish came to the first floor and saw Vardhan sitting on the chair and doing some work. Kashish came to him and started to look up but Kashish was too small. " Oh ho, how should I see him?" said Kashish in her mind. When she saw a stool. She smiled and got that stool near the study table. She stood on the table and looked at Vardhan. " What is it, Cupcake?" asked Vardhan. Kashish was shocked as Vardhan didn't even look at her. " How did you know that I was standing here?" asked Kashish while keeping her hands on the desk. " Your lavender smell Cupcake." said Vardhan, " Why do you call me Cupcake? My name is Kashish Sisodiya." said Kashish. 

Vardhan looked at her. " Because I love to call you that, Cupcake." said Vardhan, " Will you call me Cupcake even after marriage?" asked Kashish. Vardhan laughed. " Who said that I will marry you?" asked Vardhan. Kashish somehow got up and sat on the desk. " You have to marry me. " said Kashish. Vardhan crossed his arms. " Why?" asked Vardhan, " Because my Maa and Papa want." said Kashish, " But my parents' don't want this." said Vardhan, " Stop acting. Ashwini aunty only told me that she wants me as her daughter-in-law." said Kashish, " And what if I find someone else whom I will love and then my parents accept her over you." said Vardhan. Kashish banged her hand on the desk. 

" If this happens, then I will kill her and then I will kill you." said Kashish. Vardhan smiled. " Okay, okay. Don't be violent. " said Vardhan, " But promise me that you will not marry anyone except me." said Kashish, " Okay. Now go, I want to study." said Vardhan. Kashish came down the desk and then ran out of the room. Vardhan smiled. " This girl is really silly." said Vardhan. Kashish came to her room. She came to her room and picked a box. Kashish opened that box. The whole box was full of things that she took from Vardhan. Kashish smiled and kept that pen inside that box. " I will give this to Vardhan on our first night after marriage." said Kashish. When Gayatri came there. 

" Kashu." said Gayatri. Kashish quickly closed that box and kept it on the table. She looked at Gayatri, " What happened, Maa?" asked Kashish. Gayatri picked Kashish and kept her on the bed. " Come on sleep. Tomorrow we all have to go the temple." said Gayatri, " Okay Maa." said Kashish. Gayatri covered Kashish with the blanket and then kissed on Kashish's forehead and then went from there. Kashish hugged her soft toy unicorn and then slept. In Vardhan's room, Vardhan completed all his homework when Ashwini came there. 

" Vardhan, now sleep. It is almost 12 at night." said Ashwini. Vardhan looked at her. " Yeah, Maa. I just completed the homework and now I am going to sleep." said Vardhan. Vardhan came down the chair and came to Ashwini. Vardhan touched Ashwini's feet and took her blessings. Then Vardhan sat down on the bed. He then lay down on the bed and covered himself and slept. Ashwini came to him and kissed his forehead and then went from there. 

Present time, Vardhan came into his senses and looked at Kashish's room. " Finally my Cupcake is back to me." said Vardhan. In the room, Digvijay ji looked at Kashish. " Kashish, who killed Gayatri? And who was behind that attack?" asked Digvijay ji. Kashish looked at him. " It is Sherawat but." said Kashish, " But what?" asked Digvijay ji, " Vardhan killed Baba." said Kashish, " What?" asked Digvijay ji. 

Then Kashish told everything to Digvijay ji. " Oh god. " said Digvijay ji, " Dadu, I feel that Jairaj uncle was behind that attack that killed Maa." said Kashish, " What?" asked Digvijay ji, " Yes Dadu. Because he must have recognized Baba and wouldn't have let Vardhan kill him." said Kashish, " So could it be?" asked Digvijay ji, " I think so." said Kashish, " Let's keep an eye on him." said Digvijay ji, " Hmm." said Kashish.