25. Saving him

Author's POV

Vardhan covered Kashish with the blanket. " I think you should sleep now. " said Vardhan, " Okay. " said Kashish and slept then. Vardhan also lay down and slept. In Krish's room, Krish was on a video call with his mother Kaveri and daughter Suhaana. " Papa, when will you propose that aunty for marriage? " asked Suhaana, " Suha, you focus on study and your treatment. You have just come back from the hospital. " said Krish, " Come on Krish. You have to ask her one day. Why not there? Jaipur is a very romantic city. I can plan your wedding there also. " said Kaveri.

Krish moved his head. " Maa, please. I don't know if this love is one-sided or she also likes me. " said Krish, " But for that you have to ask her. " said Kaveri, " Okay bye. Take care both of you. " said Krish and cut the call. Krish opened Kashish's photo and smiled. " You are the first girl who made me fall in love after Savitri." said Krish and smiled. The next day, Kashish and Vardhan came down. The whole Thakur family was there. Nandani, Nitya and Preeti looked at Kashish and ran towards her. 

Kashish was very happy to see them. Kashish, Nandani, Nitya and Preeti hugged each other. " Bhabhi sa, I always wants a destination wedding. " said Nitya, " And Jaipur is the beat place for destination wedding. " said Preeti. Everyone laughed. Kashish came to Ashwini and Jairaj and touched their feet. " Stay happy Kashish. " they said together. Kashish smiled. When Krish came there. 

" Good morning Kashish. " said Krish. Kashish looked at him. " Hi Krish. " said Kashish, " Why don't we go and have a look at the hotel? " asked Krish, " Sure. " said Kashish. Vardhan looked at them. " I will also come. " said Vardhan. Kashish and Krish looked at Vardhan. " Okay. " said Kashish and walked when suddenly her feet hit something and she was about to fall but Krish held her hand. Vardhan was getting angry looking at this. " How dare that Krish touch my Kashish? I will surely kill him one day with my own hands." said Vardhan in his mind. 

Then Kashish, Krish and Vardhan all walked towards the garden area. Vardhan was walking along with Kashish in the middle and Krish on the other side of her. They both were talking about their police work and Vardhan was just thinking about his cupcake. He still remembers her cuteness and her cute and senseless talks that would irritate him but he used to love it. His 4 years old first best friend whom he lost. He never knew that Vardhan Singh Thakur would care for that cupcake. 

He wish he had so much power that he would have saved you 18 years ago. He could only wish right now. Kashish looked up and saw an assassin standing there with his gun pointed at Vardhan. She saw that the assassin was ready to shoot Vardhan. " Vardhan. " Kashish shouted and pushed Vardhan. Vardhan fell down on the ground. The assassin shot 2 bullets. One bullet hit Kashish on her right arm and the second hit Kashish on her chest. 

That assassin got scared and then ran from there. Kashish fell down on the ground. Vardhan looked at her. " Kashish. " said Vardhan. He ran towards Kashish and picked her in his arms. With the sound of the gunshot, everyone had come there. They were shocked to see Kashish like that. " Kashish, Kashish." said Vardhan while shaking her.

Vardhan's POV

When I saw Kashish lying half dead, it felt like someone was taking my life away from me. I kept patting Kashish on her cheeks because it was important for her to be conscious. I picked Kashish in my arms and ran towards the car. I didn't know if my family was coming behind me or not. But right now, Kashish is the most important person to me. I placed her carefully on the backseat and then sat in the driving seat. 

I drove towards the hospital ASAP. I reached there and picked her up in my arms and ran inside the hospital. Till now she had lost consciousness. " Doctor. " I shouted my lungs out. Everyone looked at me and knew who I was. The nurses got the stretcher. I kept her on it and the nurses took the stretcher inside the operation theater. The doors closed and a red light started to blink on the door. I sat down. Why wasn't I able to protect her? Why?

" Kya faida hua mere Thakur hone ka jab main apni hi patni ko bacha nahi saka."

" What was the use of me being a Thakur when I could not save my own wife?"

" Bhai sa. " This voice got me into my senses as I looked at the gate and saw my whole family along with Krish coming inside. Ekansh came to me. " How is she? " he asked. All I could do tas point at the operation theater. " Sh..She is..is in..inside. " This was the first time when I was stammering in my whole life. Everyone was there. I looked at Sikander in anger. " Sikki, I want that assassin and his master in my den. I will kill him with my own hands. " 

I shouted with a lot of anger. I will kill that man so brutally that no one will ever dare to touch the Thakur Family. Sikander then went from there. My anger was at it's peak. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw my mother standing there. " Calm down Vardhan. " my mother was just saying it. Because she also knew that my anger can't be controlled.

Almost after 4 hours of operation, the gate of the operation theater opened. I looked there and saw Kashish lying on the stretcher. She was unconscious. A bandage tied on her right arm. I got up. I came to the doctor. " Is she fine? " I asked. The doctor looked at me. " Yeah she is fine. It is only that her right arm is paralyzed for some days. She will gain consciousness in some time. " he replied and then went from there. 

My Kashish was taken to the private ward. My whole family was there. I was just sitting along with her holding her hand. All I wanted was for my Kashish to wake up and start fighting with me the way I liked. She had started to take the place of my cupcake.

Author's POV

At Sherawat palace, Meera was getting angry. " Ahh, finally this Kashish will die. " said Meera. When a man came inside. Meera looked at him. " Oh. Did it work? " asked Meera, " No Madam. She is safe. " replied that man. Meera got angry and threw the glass on the floor. " What kind of assassin are you? You were not able to kill a girl. Get lost. " said Meera. That man left. Meeta kicked the sofa. " How many times will you be saved? One day I will kill you. " said Meera.