28. Engagement

Author's POV

Rohan was walking around when he saw Preeti standing by the poolside and making a painting on the canvas. Preeti had a smile on her face and she was completely focused on the canvas. She didn't realize when Rohan stood behind her. Rohan bent near Preeti's ears. " Nice painting." said Rohan.

Preeti got scared and turned around towards Rohan. " Who are you?" asked Preeti. Rohan moved his hand towards Preeti. " I am Rohan, Nitya's best friend." said Rohan, " Hi, I am Preeti." replied Preeti. Preeti then continued painting. She saw her phone that was ringing. She saw Kunal calling her. Preeti picked the call and cut the call.

Rohan smiled. " Looks like someone broke your little heart." said Rohan. Preeti looked at him. " That is none of your business." said Preeti and made a face. Rohan started to laugh and then went from there. Nitya came to him. " What is happening? Were you flirting with my sister?" asked Nitya. Rohan looked at Preeti. " She is kind of interesting. I like her." said Rohan.

Nitya looked at Rohan. " Do you like her or not?" asked Nitya. Rohan looked at her. " Yeah. " replied Rohan. Nitya smiled. " Yeah. So keep flirting." said Nitya and then went from there. Rohan smiled while looking at Nitya. Nitya came inside and saw Nandani and Sikander coming inside along with Sikander's mother. Nitya came to them. " Namaste Kaki." said Nitya and touched Sikander's mother's feet.

She blessed her. " Stay happy Rajkumari." said Sikander's mother. Nitya smiled. " Finally. " said Nitya. Nandani smiled. Everyone smiled. After a few days, Kashish was finally discharged from the hospital. Her hand was fine but the doctor told her not to use her right hand a lot. Kashish was sitting in her room. She was looking at her phone when Ashwini came inside with a green Indian lehenga.

Kashish looked at Ashwini. “ Kashish, this is your dress. Get ready and take as much as time you want to take. We have no problem. ” said Ashwini. Ashwini kissed Kashish on her forehead and then left.

Kashish's POV

I know that my mother gave me birth and I lived with her for 4 years. But still I don't remember her face. But when Maa sa came into my life, she completed the missing of my mother's place in my life. Hating Vardhan is my compulsion because he is my father's killer.

Then I looked at the lehenga. I got up and went to the lehenga. I kept my hands on it. The beautiful texture of the lehenga. I then picked it and then removed my jeans. I wore the skirt and started to tie the strings.

Oh god?!! This stupid string is not getting tied. This is the only reason why I hate this. When suddenly I felt someone's hands on my waist. I looked back and saw Vardhan. “ Vardhan, what the hell? ” I tried to move back. But the hold of his hands was so tight that I wasn't able to move.

“ Shut up little wife. ” he said. I looked at the blouse.

Shit.

How will I wear this and this Vardhan wouldn't leave. Suddenly the lights went off. What the hell? I looked back and saw Vardhan removing my shirt. “ Vardhan. ” I said, “ Shh, I will not look at you. ” he said. I made a face.

Bol toh esse raha hai jaise pehle kabhi dekha nahi hai.

“ He is saying this, as if he hasn't seen me. ”

But the thing was Vardhan didn't see me naked but he had manners that he at least followed. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt Vardhan making me wear the blouse. I was just standing there as a doll who was getting decorated by its master.

Then I felt his hands tying the knot of my blouse. I was ready. The lights were switched on. Kashish looked at herself in the mirror. The green lehenga was looking very beautiful in it. Then he picked a mangtika and kept it in my head. Then he picked the bangles and earrings.

I didn't know that I would look so beautiful like this. Vardhan looked at me. “ I don't know but you look beautiful Sherni. ” he said. A slight smile appeared on my face. I don't know why when this Vardhan calls me Sherni it gives me butterflies in my stomach.

I don't know why but I want to love him but the only reason I can never forgive him is that he is the murderer of my father. Even if I fall for him, I will never forgive myself for killing my father. He is the reason I became an orphan. When Preeti came there. She was ready in a blue lehenga. “ Ready Bhabhi sa? ” she asked.

I turned around. “ I am ready. Let's go. ” I replied. I got up and then went with Preeti. I ignored Vardhan because I love doing it. Then I came down. I saw Nandani ready. I was so happy to see her. Her father never wanted her. He always wanted a son. But seeing my Nandu so happy is the best.

Sikander is not that bad. I wasn't able to understand him at first. “ Thakur Rani sa. ” I heard a voice calling me. I turned around and saw Sikander standing along with his mother. “ Namaste aunty. ” I bent to touch her feet but she stopped me. “ No Thakur Rani sa, please. ” she said. But I didn't listen to her and still touched her feet.

I looked at her. “ Aunty, I am like your daughter only. ” I said with a smile on my face. Sikander's mother also smiled. When I heard Maa sa's voice. “ Come on kids. It is time.” she said. Then we all went towards the hall where the engagement ceremony had to take place

I came inside and saw Raja sahab standing there. I smiled and then walked towards him. “ How are you, Raja Sahab? ” I asked. Raja sahab looked at me. “ I am fine. What about you? ” he asked me, “ I am fine. ” I replied.

Author's POV

On the stage, Ekansh and Nitya, Sikander and Nandani were sitting on 2 different sofas. Ekansh looked at Nitya. “ Nitya, I promise that I will always keep you happy. ” said Ekansh. Everyone smiled. Ekansh held Nitya's hand and then put the ring inside her finger. Everyone clapped.

Now everyone looked at Sikander and Nandani. Sikander picked the ring and held Nandani's finger. “ I will always protect you and take care of you. ” said Sikander and then put the ring in her finger. Everyone clapped. Now it was time for Nitya to put the ring in Ekansh's finger.

Nitya picked the ring and then put it in his finger. “ I promise that I will not hurt you like last time. ” replied Nitya and then put the ring. Everyone laughed. Then they looked at Nandani. Nandani picked the ring and placed the ring in his finger. “ I will take care of you in every situation. ” said Nandani. Everyone clapped.

Then the photographer clicked many photos of the newly engaged couples. Everyone was happy for the couple. Kashish was looking at them and smiling. “ Looking at them I can say that true love really exists. ” said Kashish. Kashish looked at Vardhan who was already looking at her.

Vardhan's POV

Fuck.

I didn't know that I would start loving her so much. From hating her loving her. I am just worried that will she love me back? I am not sure. Somehow, I am the killer of her father. And I don't think that she would ever forgive me for it.

And I think she shouldn't. I know what is the feeling of losing someone who is very close to you. And that too who is your only family. I made a grave mistake. But this is not the only crime I have ever done.

After everything, I have started to feel guilty about all the people I have either bribed or blackmailed them. I just can't. Looking at Kashish makes me realize and remember all of my crimes. I am such a wrong person for Kashish.