26. Breaking of hearts

Author's POV

At the hospital, Kashish had started to gain consciousness. Vardhan looked at Kashish and smiled when he saw Kashish moving. “ Kashish. ” said Vardhan. Kashish slowly opened her eyes and looked at everyone. “ Are you fine, Kashish? ” asked Ashwini, “ Kind of, Maa sa. ” replied Kashish. Vardhan set the bed the way so that Kashish could sit. The nurse came inside.

“ Oh ho, so many people can't stay here with the patient. ” said that nurse. Ashwini looked at Vardhan. “ Vardhan, you stay here. ” said Ashwini, “ Okay Maa. ” said Vardhan. Everyone left from there. Krish wasn’t there as he had already left. Vardhan looked at Kashish. “ What was the need for saving me? ” asked Vardhan, “ It is my duty. Your father only told me that you need extra protection.” said Kashish, “ So that doesn’t mean that you will harm yourself while saving me.” said Vardhan.

Kashish looked at him. “ Shut up. I just want to rest.” said Kashish, “ Okay.” said Vardhan. At the hotel, Nandani was sitting by the poolside when Sikander came there. “ What happened, Nandu? Why are you sitting here?” asked Sikander while sitting down with her. Nandani looked at him.

“ I just. I didn’t know that Kashish would do something like this only to save her husband.” said Nandani, “ Actually, it is all my fault. I should have saved Thakur sa and Thakur rani sa would have been safe right now.” said Sikander, “ Come on Sikki. Don’t blame yourself.” said Ekansh while coming there. Sikander looked at him. Ekansh kept his hand on Sikander’s shoulder and looked at Nandani.

“ Nandani, you don’t know what all Sikki has done to save the Thakur family. He even took a bullet near his heart. And what Kashish did was her duty as a police officer to protect Vardhan.” said Ekansh, “ Yeah and now Sikki Bhai you don’t need to worry about Bhabhi sa. I know that Bhabhi sa is very strong and she will recover soon.” said Nitya.

Preeti was roaming around when she saw Kunal. She got confused when she saw Kunal there. “ Kunal.” said Preeti. Preeti walked towards Kunal. When she saw Kunal talking to Meera. “ Meera, don’t worry at all. We will kill that Kashish very soon. ” said Kunal, “ But when? ” asked Meera, “ A few more days. But first let me complete my target by making that stupid Preeti fall for me. ” replied Kunal.

Meera looked at him. “ But why her? ” asked Meera, “ Because I will love to break her heart. ” said Kunal. Meera smiled. Meanwhile Preeti had heard everything. She was heart broken. She had started to fall for Kunal and now when she heard this. “ I can't believe this. ” said Preeti and then walked away from there. Preeti was lost in her thoughts.

When suddenly she bumped into someone. She was about to fall but that person held her. Preeti looked up and saw a very handsome man standing there. “ Are you okay?” asked that man, “ Yeah, thanks.” said Preeti and then went from there. That man was standing and looking at her. “ Why did she look so confused?” said that man and then went from there.

“ Ro. ” shouted Nitya. Rohan looked at Nitya. “ Nitya. ” said Rohan. Nitya and Rohan hugged each other. Nitya and Rohan were college friends. They were very close. Rohan knew about Ekansh and Nitya. Rohan looked at Nitya. “ I am so happy that finally you both are getting married. ” said Rohan, “ Yeah, but stay away from her. She is mine. ” said Ekansh and pulled Nitya away from Rohan.

“ He is being possessive. ” said Rohan. Nitya laughed. “ Come on Ekansh. We are best friends and you know that Rohan would never love me. ” said Nitya, “ Yeah. ” said Rohan. Ekansh hugged Nitya. “ Whatever it is. ” said Ekansh. Then they all came to the poolside where Jairaj and Ashwini were sitting and waiting for everyone to come and have food. Rohan joined his hands.

“ Hello uncle, aunty. ” said Rohan. Ashwini and Jairaj were very happy to see Rohan there. “ Welcome Rohan. Sit. ” said Jairaj. They all sat down and then had food. Rohan saw Preeti sitting and was lost somewhere. “ Nitya, who is she? ” asked Rohan while pointing at Preeti. Nitya looked at Preeti and then looked at Rohan. “ She is my cousin, Preeti. ” said Nitya, “ Okay. ” said Rohan. Rohan then started to have the food. Nandani looked at Preeti.

“ Preeti, what is going on? You didn't have any food till now?” asked Nandani. Preeti looked at her. “ Nothing Di. ” said Preeti and then started to have the food. Sikander looked at Ashwini. “ Thakurain, I am just thinking about something. ” said Sikander. Ashwini looked at him. “ What is it? ” asked Ashwini, “ Thakurain, me and Nandani like each other. So can we get married along with Ekansh and Rajkumaari. ” said Sikander.

Ashwini smiles. “ Yeah sure. You just go and get your mother here. ” said Ashwini. Sikander and Nandani looked at each other and smiled. Preeti had a forced smile on her face. “ Everyone is getting their love and me. I got a heart break. ” said Preeti in her mind. “ Yayy, this is so nice. We both will get married on the same day. ” said Nitya. Nitya and Nandani hugged each other. Sikander and Ekansh also hugged each other.

Everyone was happy. The next day, at the hospital, Kashish woke up and looked at Vardhan who was sleeping on the sofa. “ Vardhan. ” said Kashish. Vardhan got up. “ What is it? ” asked Vardhan while opening his eyes. “ I need to go to the washroom. ” said Kashish, “ Okay. Wait. ” said Vardhan. Vardhan got up from the sofa and came to her.

Vardhan picked Kashish in his arms and then walked inside the washroom. Kashish used the washroom and then started to clean herself but it was difficult for her because of her right arm being paralyzed. Vardhan started to help her. Then they came out. Kashish sat on the bed. Vardhan moved back but his chain and Kashish's mangalsutra got stuck.

Kashish and Vardhan looked at each other. “ Kashish. ” said Vardhan, “ What? I didn't do anything. ” said Kashish. Kashish then started to untangle the chains. “ I know that you love me so much then. ” said Vardhan, “ Shut up, Vardhan. ” said Kashish. Vardhan laughed. 

“ Meri Sherni Biwi. ” 

“ My lioness wife. ” 

Kashish gave a look to Vardhan in anger. They didn't know that Krish was standing outside the ward and looking at them. “ So this means that Kashish and Thakur sa are married. ” said Krish. Krish then went from there with a broken heart.