Chapter 4 - S Points!

The silver-haired grandmother looked at Sakura Airi with an utterly astonished expression.

This young girl actually knew about the unique point system of Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School!

How did she come to know about this information! There should have been no leakage!

'Of course, it was from your mind, dear grandma~' Yuto chuckled inwardly.

Facing the astonished gaze of the unfamiliar grandmother, Sakura Airi couldn't help but show a timid expression, instinctively leaning towards her childhood friend, who stood by her side.

The grandmother's gaze turned sharp, akin to that of a high-ranking official, which immediately instilled fear in the mind of timid Airi.

Realizing she had frightened the girl, the grandmother softened her gaze and whispered, "So, young lady, where did you learn about 'points' from?"

Airi quickly shook her head, her fiery red hair fluttering.

'Don't look at me; I don't know anything! It was my future husband who told me!' Airi could only say inwardly.

At that moment, Yuto placed a hand on her shoulder, offering his support and comfort, while his other hand massaged his temples because his mind-reading ability had gathered quite a bit of information related to 'points' from the grandmother's mind.

As Yuto had suspected, the repeatedly mentioned keyword 'points' were indeed related to their upcoming school, Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, which has a special system known as S points.

S points are divided into 'class points' and 'private/individual points.'

Class points: Each class starts with 1000 class points at the beginning of their entry into the school.

Every student receives private/individual points equal to 100 times their class points at the start of each month.

That is to say, 1000 class points allow each student to receive 100,000 private/individual points.

These private/individual points, akin to electronic money, can be exchanged at a rate of 1 yen per point and used throughout the school facilities, convenience stores, supermarkets, and shopping centers.

Receiving 100,000 yen a month is indeed quite luxurious for a high school student!

However, the 1000 class points are not fixed; they can be deducted for mistakes, losses in competitions with other classes, etc.

If the class points drop to 0, then the students of that class will not receive any private/individual points.

Because 100 times 0 is still zero...

'Our private points are linked to the class as a whole; if there are many underperformers in the class, then the points are in jeopardy,' Yuto thought to himself.

Through the grandmother's mind, Yuto learned that points are a universal currency within Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, allowing for the purchase of anything available within the school area.

What's more, by accumulating twenty million points, one can even change their class!

But why does changing class require as many as twenty million points? Something feels off.

Digging deeper with his mind-reading ability, Yuto was surprised to discover that the school's advertisement of 100% college admission and employment rates were somewhat misleading.

Only students graduating from Class A are guaranteed these results, while graduates from Classes B, C, and D do not enjoy the same benefits.

'In that case, I need to work hard to earn points during my three years of high school, at least twenty million private points,' Yuto thought to himself.

Another strategy would be to lead his class to ascend to Class A before graduation, thus avoiding the need to spend twenty million points to transfer instead.

However, Yuto is not the type of person to place his hopes on others.

So, rather than relying on his classmates for a good future, Yuto preferred to find a way to secure twenty million private points himself. After all, nobody knows when someone might backstab him.

As he was sorting through this information, the grandmother kindly addressed the frightened Airi, "You don't have to say where you learned about this information from, I understand."

"But could you tell me your name? Which class are you in?"

"Sakura Airi, Class 1-D," Airi timidly responded.

"Class D??" The grandmother's expression froze; the girl was a new student in the notoriously worst Class D? She had assumed Airi was from Class A...

Even Class B would have been acceptable, but why Class D, the garbage bin?

In Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, classes are distinctly divided.

The top elite students are placed in Class A, slightly less so in Class B, with Class C being mostly delinquents, and Class D likely being full of problematic and troublesome students.

The grandmother eyed the timid Airi curiously, unable to comprehend how this new student from Class D came to know about 'points' so early on.

To assess the quality and abilities of new students, revealing any information related to points by seniors, teachers, or staff is strictly forbidden during the first month of school.

Although Yuto had clarified what points are, their uses, and the rules for class points through mind-reading, he sought even more information from the grandmother's head.

Just as Yuto planned to continue extracting information, the grandmother stood up.

"Driver, stop at the side, I need to get off."

"This is a direct line; no getting off... Ah, it's you, madam, I'll stop right away!" The irritable bus driver glanced in the rearview mirror, quickly changing his tone upon seeing the grandmother and pulled over.

Yuto glanced at the grandmother, noting her previously sharp gaze at Airi and the driver's reaction... Could she be some important figure?

After the bus came to a stop, Airi hurriedly stood up to give the grandmother some space to leave.

The grandmother took a deep look at Airi, memorizing her appearance before slowly stepping off the bus.

With the grandmother gone, Airi joyfully took the innermost seat, winked at Yuto, and pointed to her original empty seat.

Yuto smiled at Airi, sat down without hesitation, and then closed his eyes, beginning to plan how to quickly acquire the almighty private points.

---

Read More With Pictures:
https://www.patreon.com/U22