Chapter 53: Angel Wearing a Mask!

"Shimizu-san!"

Kushida Kikyou called out to Yuto, then she briskly walked towards him.

Yuto, surprised, stopped in his tracks and turned to look at the approaching girl.

This slender girl was wearing the school uniform. Although she was slim, her well-endowed body made the uniform bulge out, giving the impression that it was about to burst at any time.

The girl with an attractive body was showing him an incredibly energetic and enthusiastic smile.

If Yuto remembered correctly, she should be a student from his class, seemingly named 'Kushida Kikyou'.

Moreover, if his memory served him right, he and she were not so familiar... So why was she smiling at him so warmly?

"Shimizu-san, my name is Kushida Kikyou, and I am in the same class as you. Please take care of me."

The girl, named 'Kushida Kikyou,' extended her hand towards him with a natural grace.

Yuto looked at the naturally warm and enthusiastic Kushida Kikyou, gently shaking her offered hand, which was quite soft.

"Hello, I am Shimizu Yuto. Please take care of me too."

After saying this, he let go of her hand.

"Now that we've introduced ourselves, if Shimizu-san doesn't mind, could we exchange contact information?"

Kushida Kikyou took out her school phone from her pocket.

Yuto looked bewilderingly at the overly enthusiastic Kushida Kikyou.

They really weren't that familiar with each other, right?

Meeting for the first time and already asking for contact information? Is this girl really so clueless?

"Please don't misunderstand, Shimizu-san. I have no other intentions; I just want to get along with my classmates as soon as possible, so I wanted to have the contact information of every classmate."

Kushida Kikyou seemed to have explained this to many others before, so her tone was very natural when explaining to him.

At the same time, she also showed him her phone screen, where she indeed had many people's contact information...

Yuto looked unexpectedly at the smiling, enthusiastic girl.

She was really charismatic and outgoing, managing to get so many people's contact information.

He wished his shy childhood friend could learn something from her.

Yuto didn't expect Sakura Airi to become as outgoing and lively as Kushida Kikyou; however, he wished Airi could be a bit less timid.

"This morning, after Chabashira-sensei left, you and Sakura-san left the classroom, and I didn't have time to ask for your contact information. After seeing Shimizu-san here, I came over."

Kushida Kikyou lifted her head to look up at Yuto, blinking her bright eyes, "So, Shimizu-san, would you like to exchange contacts with me?"

A beautiful girl stands before you, lifting her head to look up at you, such a gesture could make most boys feel overwhelmed.

However, Yuto is not just any shy boy; his expression unchanged, he nodded, "Of course."

"Great!" Kushida Kikyou let out a delighted cheer.

Yuto then exchanged contact information and became Line friends with Kushida Kikyou.

"Are you heading to the cafeteria, Shimizu-san? Let's go together," Kushida Kikyou enthusiastically suggested.

"..." Yuto glanced at Kushida Kikyou and shook his head, "I'm actually on my way to the restroom."

"Oh... I see, then I'll be going ahead."

The energetic Kushida Kikyou trotted off towards the stairs, and right then, Yuto's school phone chimed.

[Yuto, was that girl confessing to you just now?]

Yuto looked at the message sent by Sakura Airi with a wry smile.

[No, she's a classmate of ours, seems like she wants to be friends with everyone, so she was just asking for my contact information.]

[Oh, I see, ah! She's calling me now!]

Sakura Airi, called out by Kushida Kikyou, hurriedly put away her school phone and shyly looked at the enthusiastically smiling Kushida Kikyou.

"Hello..."

"Hello, Sakura-san, let's exchange contact information."

"...Okay."

Since Kushida Kikyou was an enthusiastic and lively girl, Sakura Airi exchanged contact information and became Line friends with her as well.

Afterward, the two of them walked down the stairs together, with Yuto silently watching Sakura Airi and Kushida Kikyou from above.

Even though Kushida Kikyou was a lively and seemingly cheerful girl, her conversation partner was his shy childhood friend, so regardless of what Kushida Kikyou said, Sakura Airi responded with awkward 'mm-hmms' and 'ohs'.

Facing someone as uninteresting as Sakura Airi, an ordinary person might have grown tired of her already.

But Kushida Kikyou seemed to be no ordinary person; even though Airi's responses were extremely perfunctory, she still kept up the conversation enthusiastically.

After reaching the first floor, Kushida Kikyou finally said goodbye to Airi and joined her companions.

After she left, Airi covertly breathed a sigh of relief.

The shy girl felt quite pressured facing someone so overwhelmingly enthusiastic.

Yuto came up to his childhood friend's side, just in time to hear her relieved sigh, and said with a smile, "Airi, what do you think of this girl named Kushida Kikyou?"

"I think she's really nice. She's enthusiastic and cheerful, a very approachable person," Sakura Airi softly voiced her opinion of Kushida Kikyou.

"Airi, Kushida, she's not as simple as you think; she wears a mask called 'enthusiasm'," Yuto said.

"Eh?" Sakura Airi looked at her childhood friend in surprise, responding without a second thought, "Then I will keep my distance from her."

Airi did not doubt his view of Kushida Kikyou, and she even decided to stay away from her from now on.

"You don't have to keep your distance from Kushida, just be a bit more cautious when you're dealing with her," Yuto said, somewhat amused.

"Mm-hmm~"

Everyone who had talked to Kushida Kikyou thought of her as a beautiful and cheerful little angel... except Yuto.

Because as a keen person, he sensed a slight sense of incongruity from her, he felt that this classmate named 'Kushida Kikyou' was not genuinely enthusiastic and cheerful as Ichinose Honami from before.

Although Yuto vaguely felt that Kushida was wearing a 'cheerful' mask, so what?

Most people hide their true selves when interacting with others, making themselves appear more amicable.

In society, this behavior is commonly known as — social etiquette.

Even if Kushida Kikyou's enthusiasm and cheerfulness were just a facade, Yuto still advised Airi to interact with her without hesitation, without avoiding her.

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

---

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
YouTube.com/@AnimexFirst

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)