Chapter 41: Then, Wouldn't You Win for Sure?

"..." Nagumo Miyabi stared at Yuto, who was showing a refreshing smile.

He could get 1.9 million private points each month from his classmates, so he wasn't worried about running out of points if he lost.

Plus, Nagumo Miyabi really disliked Yuto.

Nagumo disliked his handsome appearance.

He also disliked Yuto for taking away more than three million private points from him!

So, Nagumo Miyabi was keen on teaching Yuto a lesson.

"Shimizu Yuto, I accept your challenge, but I will decide the content of the wager," Nagumo Miyabi said in an indisputable tone.

Yuto shook his head, speaking frankly, "That won't do. What if you challenge me to [who's the ugliest] contest? Then, wouldn't you win for sure?"

Nagumo Miyabi's face darkened. What did this bastard mean!

Was this freshman saying that he wasn't as handsome as the other party!

"Who would wager on something meaningless like that! I will propose several sports, and you can choose one yourself!" Nagumo Miyabi said darkly.

"Sports, huh," Yuto raised his eyebrows.

Actually, Nagumo Miyabi was extremely good at sports, a true athlete.

He saw that Yuto seemed slim and weak, definitely not a match for him in terms of sports, which is why he suggested a sports competition.

However, in reality...

Yuto was quite strong and had good stamina.

Otherwise, how could he possibly have tossed around Ryuen Kakeru, who weighed over a hundred pounds, like nothing?

So, sports that require physical strength and stamina were also Yuto's forte.

"Tell me which sports first," Yuto said.

Hearing Yuto's tendency to agree, Nagumo Miyabi suggested, "Let's compete in football, basketball, badminton, tennis, track and field, and the long jump. We'll each pick one, then decide on a final event together to bet on."

Yuto understood Nagumo's meaning: they would choose three events for the wager, and whoever won more would be the victor.

"Let's skip football; it's not really a two-person sport," Yuto said.

"Then we'll exclude football."

Yuto thought for a moment, then, with a slightly mischievous smile, he said, "I choose two-person basketball."

"Then I choose track and field running. What do you want for the last one?" Nagumo Miyabi asked.

"Let's go with long jump," Yuto said casually.

"Fine."

After choosing the three sports, Yuto and Nagumo began to draft the wager contract on their school terminal.

The contract between Shimizu Yuto of Class 1-D and Nagumo Miyabi of Class 2-A:

1. The two parties will compete in two-person basketball, a one-kilometer track race, and long jump.

2. The winner is the one who wins two out of three events. The loser must pay the winner 1.15 million private points.

3. Once the wager starts, no excuses for postponing the match or changing participants are allowed. Each event's rest time is ten minutes; exceeding this will be considered a forfeit.

Nagumo Miyabi reviewed the third clause of the contract.

Since this was proposed by Yuto, Nagumo Miyabi wondered if there might be some traps inside...

After all, Yuto used such a trick to scam those three guys out of more than three million private points, so he naturally had to be cautious.

However, after contemplating for a while, Nagumo Miyabi felt there was no trap in the third clause, and it was actually quite good, as it prevented Yuto from having reasons to delay the match!

After both parties had no objections, Shimizu Yuto and Nagumo Miyabi signed the wager agreement.

Looking at Yuto, who was all smiles, Nagumo Miyabi had a bad feeling inside.

Could this damn freshman actually be good at sports?

But this thought quickly disappeared from Nagumo Miyabi's mind.

Because looking at Yuto's physique, neither tall nor burly, he didn't seem like someone good at sports.

With a refreshing smile, Yuto said to Nagumo Miyabi, "Vice president, I just enrolled and haven't even bought sportswear yet. I'll go to the mall to buy a set, so let's meet at the basketball court in half an hour."

"Heh, alright, but don't you dare chicken out at the last minute," Nagumo Miyabi said with a sneer.

"Don't worry, I won't stand you up," Yuto waved his hand, "See you at the basketball court in half an hour."

Nagumo Miyabi watched Yuto leave with a dark look, stood up from the bench, and then gave a fierce glare at the three underlings standing quietly behind him.

"I'm warning you, be careful this month, don't go provoking the first-year freshmen!"

"Yes, Boss Nagumo!"

After venting his anger and frustration on them, Nagumo Miyabi returned to his dorm to change into sportswear.

After all, the upcoming wager was worth 1.15 million points, and he needed to take it seriously.

Kamuro Masumi had been stealthily following Yuto, and after she saw him leave Nagumo Miyabi and his group, she hurried over.

"Shimizu, is your issue with them resolved?"

"Yeah, it's all settled now," Yuto smiled at Kamuro Masumi, "They transferred over three million private points quite readily."

"..."

Kamuro Masumi didn't think they had given Yuto the points willingly...

Because from a distance, she could see Nagumo Miyabi and his group's faces as black as the bottom of a pot.

Now, Kamuro Masumi's admiration for Yuto was growing stronger.

He was just like her, a freshman, yet he extracted over three million points from the upper-class students.

He was practically an idol for the newcomers!

Now, Kamuro Masumi regretted that she and Yuto were not in the same class.

If they were classmates, she could have seen more of Yuto's impressive actions.

However, if Kamuro Masumi knew that the school assigned students to classes based on their overall quality, she might not wish to be in the same class as him.

After all, Yuto was in the least impressive Class D.

Yuto said goodbye to Kamuro Masumi and went to the mall to buy appropriate sportswear and shoes.

Since Yuto was just going shopping and she didn't know about his upcoming sports match with Nagumo Miyabi, the purple-haired girl didn't continue to follow him.

Thus, she missed the sports competition between Yuto and Nagumo Miyabi.

As Yuto stepped into the large mall, the school mobile phone in his pocket rang.

"Hmm?"

Yuto, slightly puzzled, took out his phone and saw that it was a message.

The sender was none other than the homeroom teacher of Class 1-D, Chabashira Sae.

---

Read More With Pictures: (10+ Chapters)
patreon.com/U22

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)