Chapter 7 - Homeroom Teacher, Chabashira Sae!

Horikita Suzune possessed eyes as bewitching as a vixen, yet they were also clear and piercing.

Yuto couldn't help but wonder if she was a proud snow fox.

He smiled at Horikita Suzune, who turned her head away, but she ignored him and simply redirected her attention forward without any additional expression.

"The opening ceremony is now over. Please leave the gymnasium in an orderly manner and return to your respective classes. Your homeroom teacher will distribute your most important student ID."

After a plethora of meaningless chatter, the opening ceremony concluded.

The new high school students exited the gymnasium one by one and made their way towards the teaching building where the classrooms for first-year students were located.

Sakura Airi continued to follow Yuto closely. The two of them entered the classroom labeled "[1-D]" alongside their new classmates.

With name cards placed on the desks, Yuto and the others were able to locate their seats.

Yuto found his seat at the back near the window, which, generally speaking, was the protagonist's seat.

After all— the back row by the window, the king's homeland!

Prompted by the reminders from the opening ceremony, all the freshmen obediently returned to their classrooms and patiently awaited the arrival of their homeroom teacher.

Some sat alone in their seats, reviewing the school's information, while others engaged in conversation.

Yuto had no intention of befriending his classmates, so he remained seated. Sakura Airi also found her nameplate and confirmed her seating assignment.

Sakura Airi's seat was also in the back row, but there was an empty seat between her and Yuto.

'Even though we're in the same class, we didn't get to sit next to each other...' Sakura Airi deflated as she took her seat.

She then glanced at the name tag of the person seated next to Yuto.

The name written on the name tag is... Horikita Suzune.

'It seems like a girl's name.'

Sakura Airi looked up from the name tag and caught Yuto resting his cheek on one hand, teasingly looking at her. She shyly smiled and kept her gaze in his direction.

Soon, Sakura Airi's smile faded as she realized their interaction had been interrupted.

Horikita Suzune arrived and sat in her seat, emanating an aura of 'don't talk to me.'

Sakura Airi timidly looked away, feeling frustrated.

She couldn't muster the courage to suggest switching seats with this intimidating classmate.

"Hey, girls! Check out that handsome guy in the corner!" Suddenly, a girl said while pointing in their direction.

"Wow, he's so cool! Should we go talk to him?"

"You go first!"

"No, you go first!"

The nearby girls' conversation only added to Sakura Airi's unease as she noticed they were all covertly glancing at her childhood friend.

Sakura Airi knew that Yuto was not only handsome but also excelled in academics and sports.

In middle school, if her childhood friend hadn't caused those violent incidents because of her, he would have undoubtedly been the most popular boy.