Chapter 27 - The High-Stakes Game!

Because everyone in this school knew that Class D had the worst overall quality, most of the Class D students were either problem children or utterly mediocre.

So, when they learned that Yuto, the junior attempting to challenge them, was from Class D, their attitudes and looks changed.

The change in the seniors' expressions made Yuto's smile even brighter.

He actually did not like to pretend to be weak and deceive others, but he couldn't help it if others treated him like a pushover!

"Shimizu-kun, right? You can leave; we don't have time to play chess with you." President Honda waved dismissively, urging Yuto to leave their club quickly.

In their eyes, Shimizu Yuto from Class D was just an arrogant junior. They had no time to waste on someone from Class D.

Still smiling, Yuto took out his student terminal, unlocked it, and said with a smile, "Seniors, I have 850,000 private points here. If you win against me, these points are yours."

"If you lose, then please gather 850,000 points for me."

"What?!"

The members of the Chess Club couldn't believe their eyes. This arrogant junior had 850,000 private points in his balance? How could that be possible!

However, the student terminal in Yuto's hand indeed showed no mistake – 850,000 private points in the balance...

"Hey, junior, how could you have so many points?" A senior girl couldn't help asking.

"A few friends at school were worried about spending their points impulsively. They asked me to hold onto some for them, just for safekeeping." Yuto's tone remained casual.

Although Yuto's explanation was hardly believable, members of the Chess Club were willing to believe it...

Because their minds and logic were now completely captivated by Yuto's 850,000 private points balance!

"I'll do it!" President Honda stood up, looking at Yuto with eyes that saw an easy target, saying enthusiastically, "Junior, I accept your challenge!"

"So, senior, just to confirm – you're willing to play a game of chess with me, with 850,000 private points at stake? Is that correct?" Yuto asked, his smile unwavering.

"Exactly!" President Honda took out his student terminal, proudly saying, "I have 3,107,000 private points in my balance!"

Yuto's handsome face showed a slight surprise; he did not expect this person to have over three million private points.

But it was actually quite normal.

Since Honda Ban was a third-year student from Class A, and the current class points of Class 3-A was 2150, he could receive 215,000 private points every month.

Over twelve months, that amounts to 2.58 million private points.

Moreover, since Honda Ban was also the president of the Chess Club, having a special point allowance, it was quite normal for him to have over three million private points in balance.

Initially, Yuto thought the Chess Club would need to gather 850,000 private points. He was surprised to learn that Honda Ban, alone, had enough to cover the bet.

But this was also good; it spared them the step of gathering points from others.

The club members, deterred by their president's words, gave up on betting against Yuto. Some even offered the boy sympathetic glances.

Because, soon, this junior's balance would be wiped clean.

"Junior, don't bet so much, after all, not all the points you have are yours," Some senior girls who took a liking to Yuto's appearance kindly advised him.

"Don't worry, seniors, I won't lose," Yuto replied with a smile.

"..."

Seeing that Yuto wouldn't listen, the senior girls stopped trying to persuade him.

Yuto and the Chess Club's president sat opposite each other, with a chessboard and black and white chess pieces between them.

Because the private points involved in this game were so high, all members of the Chess Club were watching Yuto and Honda Ban's match.

"Since you're a freshman, you take the first move," President Honda gestured dismissively towards the board, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Alright, I won't be polite then." Yuto nodded.

Honda Ban had every right to be arrogant because he was a first-grade chess player accredited by the chess management department, a title full of prestige!

And Yuto was just an amateur who played chess with old men in the park; Honda Ban didn't need to worry about losing to such an amateur.

However, before the game began, Yuto glanced at the timer, "Senior, don't we need a timer?"

"Tsk." Honda Ban scoffed, "I didn't want to bully you, so I had no plans to use a timer."

Honda Ban thought that using a timer against Yuto, an amateur, would make other club members despise him for bullying a newbie, so he did not mention it.

"Not using a timer is a waste of time. My time is very precious. What if you, a senior, think for a long time and don't make a move? Wouldn't that be wasting my time?" Yuto spoke up.

Honda Ban's forehead throbbed with veins; he didn't know this junior's chess level, but now he realized this junior was even more arrogant than him, as if he had already won!

"Hmph, if you want to use a timer, then use it. But don't regret it later!"

"I won't regret it," Yuto said with a half-smile.

Yuto's attitude infuriated Honda Ban. Additionally, since the 850,000 private points weren't entirely his, Honda Ban worried that Yuto might refuse to pay if he lost. This led him to propose a wager agreement.

Yuto laughed after hearing this and then readily accepted the wager agreement.

The content of the contract signed between Class 1-D's Shimizu Yuto and Class 3-A's Honda Ban was:

1. The two parties shall play a game of chess to decide the winner.

2. The loser must pay the winner 850,000 private points!

Although the content of the contract was extremely short and simple, it had enforceability, and neither party could violate it.

Otherwise, the school authority would enforce it and give the violator a punishment and warning.

After signing the contract through the school's system, Yuto and Honda Ban began to play chess under the eager eyes of the other club members.

At the start of the game, Honda Ban, the first-grade chess player, had a look of disdain and arrogant confidence, but as the game progressed, his expression gradually became serious.

And the senior boys and girls watching from the side exchanged glances; being members of the Chess Club, they could naturally see that Shimizu Yuto, a student from Class 1-D, was gaining the upper hand in this game...

"So this good-looking junior isn't just a pretty face."

"Yes, yes, just as I thought!"

Under the whispered conversations of the onlookers, Honda Ban's face became extremely unsightly, as his king had been checkmated by Yuto's rook.

That meant—he lost.

"I lost."

---

Read More With Pictures: (10+ Chapters)
patreon.com/U22

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)