Chapter 45: One-on-One Basketball Duel!

Yuto, having received the basketball, glanced at Nagumo Miyabi, who had an arrogant expression, and said leisurely, "It's good to be confident, but senpai, I don't think you have the ability to shut me out completely."

"Heh!"

Under the watchful eyes of Chairman Sakayanagi and others, the one-on-one basketball match between Shimizu Yuto and Nagumo Miyabi officially began!

Whistle!

Referee Saito-sensei blew the whistle, and the thirty-minute half-court one-on-one basketball match started.

Watching Nagumo Miyabi, who was spreading his arms in front of him, Yuto's eyes, clear-cut between black and white, flashed a glint, and he suddenly accelerated to the right, still holding the basketball.

Yuto's dribbling speed was very fast, almost leaving a faint afterimage in the space.

Nagumo was completely caught off guard by Yuto's speed; he couldn't defend against the dribble at all!

"So fast!"

Everyone in the audience showed surprised expressions, especially the members of the basketball club, who knew how amazing Yuto's skills were, so their expressions gradually became more serious.

Nagumo Miyabi, filled with shock, realized that Yuto had bypassed his defense, and he hurried back to intercept, but it was in vain.

At this moment, Yuto had already brought the ball beyond the three-point line, raised his hand, and shot directly.

The basketball thrown by Yuto left a beautiful parabolic trail in the air before falling into the basket.

"Damn, that was a swish! A three-pointer from beyond the line!" The basketball club members erupted, their faces full of surprise and astonishment.

The so-called "swish" is one of the special terms in basketball.

It refers to when the basketball goes into the basket without touching the backboard, the rim, or making any sound.

Because of its high aesthetic value, it is called the most perfect shot and the elegant way to score points by basketball fans!

Whistle!

Saito-sensei immediately blew the whistle, loudly announcing, "Class 1-D's Shimizu Yuto scores three points!"

Yuto turned around and looked at Nagumo Miyabi, whose face was somewhat unsightly, and showed a teasing smile, "Vice-president, I've already scored, so it seems your idea of shutting me out can no longer be realized."

"So what if I can't shut you out, all I need to do is defeat you!" Nagumo Miyabi stubbornly said.

The one-on-one basketball match had just started for less than a minute, and Yuto had already taken the lead with a three-pointer.

This allowed Nagumo Miyabi and the spectators to recognize Yuto's strength in basketball, so their expressions became serious.

Now it was Nagumo's turn to take the ball.

Nagumo Miyabi, holding the basketball, attempted to break through Yuto's defense line, but no matter how he dribbled and changed direction, he could not evade Yuto's defense.

The tightly defended situation made him anxious; he now needed to properly display his own strength to suppress Yuto's momentum!

Holding the ball, Nagumo Miyabi gauged the distance to the basket with the corner of his eye, then suddenly changed his action, no longer breaking through Yuto's block, but chose to step back slightly and then jump up to shoot.