10. I'm Not Scared of Dying

I have no idea what time it was or how long I was asleep for, until I jumped awake by the sudden loud ringing of my phone.
I groaned and felt around for it while my eyes remained closed. Once I found it, I opened one eye and answered it seeing it was three in the morning. The caller was unknown. Normally I don't answer phone numbers I don't know, but my gut told me I should. It better be important.

"What?" Is all I managed to croak out.

"Hello I'm looking for a Ms. Eve Ransom...this is Chippenham hospital calling in regards to Noah Davis..."

I sat up quickly realizing I must have still been his emergency contact.

"Huh? Yeah this is she...what's going on?!"

"Ma'am, unfortunately Mr. Davis was admitted this morning. We can't speak over the phone but he is in stable condition but we wanted to give you the opportunity to come see him..."

My heart sank wondering what the hell could have happened and I was easily awoken by the panic.

"I'll be right there." I hung up and I didn't manage to change out of my tank and sweat pants. I just pulled on a Bring Me The Horizon hoodie and I grabbed my keys and started rushing to the hospital. Part of me wasn't thinking straight and I didn't think to call any of the guys, but when I arrived, his band brothers were all sitting in the waiting room looking both exhausted and defeated.

I hurriedly walked in through the double doors and they all stood, Jolly stood up to pull me into a hug first. It had been months since I've spoken to any of them but I could still feel the love in each of their embraces. No one to not personally that i kept to myself after the break up but we definitely all missed each other.

I hugged back so worried and confused.

"What happened? Is he okay?" I looked at them for answers.

They all exchanged glances and Folio decided to speak up.

"We don't exactly know yet but we think it was a drug overdose...."

A what?!

My eyes widened but I couldn't speak. They didn't want to give me the details even though they were all almost 100% sure where the drugs came from.

"He just told me last night that he was getting therapy and trying to do better..." my eyes watered. Although I hated what he did to me, I still would always have a spot in my heart for him and I never thought this was the path he would find himself on.

"We were all at the after party having a good time and then he collapsed and he was completely unconscious. Truthfully, he's been a fucking mess Eve..." Jolly started, "to be honest, ever since you left he's been on a downward fucking spiral."

I crossed my arms defensively with the tears spilling down my cheeks.

"Oh so this is my fault?"

"That's not what I meant," Jolly sighed, "he just...he punished himself for fucking things up with you more than any of us could and he's just been getting worse and worse...no one spinning this on you...I just wanted you to know...I think seeing you with Ryan last night just pushed him over the edge."

I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair replaying the tired look in his dark eyes as we spoke last on the balcony. I could tell he wasn't the same person...he had seemed so lifeless.

"Listen...I shouldn't be here." I wiped my eyes knowing they only called me because he never changed his contact info. "Maybe you should call his girlfriend instead..."

They all exchanged glances.

"She's not his girlfriend, Eve...." Nick explained but I didn't believe that for a second. "And we don't talk to her unless we have to."