12. Weakness

*Hey y'all! I hope you're liking my crazy story so far! I don't know exactly where I'm going with it, but I thank you if you're reading and still on this wild journey with me! Thanks for the love! *

__________________________

It had been about a week since I last spoke to Noah, but the next day, he added me back on Instagram, and had spent most of the morning liking and commenting my photos. He was very clearly trying to stay on my radar and not disappear again. I appreciated it, but at the same time, I didn't know if I could get past all the emotional damage.

As I was typing away on my laptop, working on a new article about Sleep Token announcing a tour in the United Kingdom, I heard my phone ding with a new text. It was Ryan.

"Hello beautiful. There's a local show tonight at the Strand and I grabbed us tickets. Be ready for 6. 🖤"

I smiled to myself a little and texted back "can't fucking wait."

The Strand was a local music venue that would often put on live shows. It was one of the hot spots for music lovers and it was a spot Noah and I used to frequent back when Bad Omens first started out. They played many heavy and acoustic sets there over the years and it helped them grow their fan base in the beginning,

Ryan had been in town for the weekend for a couple Motionless shows but tonight was his night off and he said he wanted to see me so I couldn't resist going.

As it grew later, I was looking forward to quality time with my old friend and dressed in some skinny jeans that were ripped in a few places to show off my leg tattoos. I accompanied them with a black corset tank top that accentuated my curvy figure. Ryan asked to pick me up but I offered to meet him at the Strand so he didn't have to go out of his way.
As soon as he saw me he grinned and swept me up into a hug.

"You look fucking hot," he blurted out and I just shook my head with a laugh. Ryan was always such a flirt but I never let him get passed that.

"Uhm...thank you?" I chuckled and gave him finger guns awkwardly. He just laughed knowing I never knew how to take a compliment.

"Come on let's get some drinks I think they're gonna be starting soon." We walked inside and went to the bar getting two tequila and Red Bulls. It was packed so I knew it had to be a good set tonight.

"Who's playing?" I asked him finding a good place to stand. We were too late to get super close to the stage but the venue was so intimate that you could still see from anywhere.

"Some band called Lorna Shore. I've listened to them a few times but they have a new singer now and I haven't seen him live yet."

"Dope!" I hadn't heard of them but of course I trusted Ryan's music choices. I sipped my drink just finally feeling happy and ready to have a good time tonight after so many months of sadness.

After a few minutes the lights went low and the music started as the band started coming out on stage.

They were heavier than I expected but I was flabbergasted by the curly-haired singer's vocals. He was talented!

Their songs were a little longer than I was used to, but one song had so many musical parts and breakdowns that I was absolutely intrigued. I moved out of the way as some people in the crowd started forming a pit.

"Nope! I'm sitting this one out! " I yelled to Ryan over the music and he laughed as I moved aside and he hopped in. He was a true emo kid at heart and always joined in on the circle pits when the opportunity arose.