51. I Went Too Far

The next day, Scarlett and I were discharged from the hospital and I couldn't wait to finally get out of there

The next day, Scarlett and I were discharged from the hospital and I couldn't wait to finally get out of there. Ryan made it through his surgery and we were just waiting for him to recover enough so that the detectives could finally try to get him to talk and tell us who else was involved in the attack that night. I had a feeling he was going to make it as difficult as possible, but I was trying to put it out of my head for now.

As we pulled up to the house in Noah's car, my stomach fluttered slightly with anxiety. I was nervous considering I hadn't been back since the night Ryan and his accomplice broke in. When we pulled into the drive way, Noah turned off the car but he just rested his hands in his lap, not moving at all. I had a feeling he was having the same eerie thoughts I was.

"You know..." Noah started, "I don't expect for you to be comfortable here anymore babe. If it's too much for you, we can go to a hotel for the night until we figure out what our next move is going to be..." I thought about it but I sighed knowing I couldn't let Ryan control every part of my life.

"This is our home Noah...and I don't expect for us to just up and leave...I'll just have to get over it." I shrugged a little and I looked over at Noah who frowned at me.

"I want you to be comfortable...I'll buy you another ten houses and move a thousand times if that means you'll feel safe." My eyes watered and I reached over entangling my fingers with his, feeling so lucky he loved me as much as he did. I admired the fact that he cared about how I was processing all this, and it definitely wasn't easy.

"I don't know Noah...it's just that we bought this house to start our family...and yeah I've been struggling with the thought of them breaking in but I just...I don't want him to take another thing away from us. I'm just so fucking tired..." My lip trembled as a tear slipped down my cheek from the frustration. This was supposed to be our forever home and Ryan had been ruining so many things for us I didn't want him to ruin this home for us too. I didn't want to let him win.

Noah leaned over and pulled me into a tight, comforting hug.

"You're the strongest person I know Evie..." he sighed heavily and he pulled away just to kiss my forehead sweetly. "We can take things in stride... take it day by day and see how you feel. If at any point it's too much for you, just give me the word and we will go somewhere else. Okay?" he gazed into my eyes and I nodded giving him my word.

"Okay." I exhaled.

"I love you." He confessed and it melted me.
He had been saying it a lot lately and every time he said it, it was comforting music to my ears.

"I love you too." I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "You ready?" He nodded and he got out of the car and grabbed Scarlett from the backseat, keeping her in her car seat as he carried her inside since she was fast asleep. I followed behind him hesitantly, but I kept telling myself, in my head, that I could do this. This was our home.