33. It's Eating Away At Me

Ryan and his band mate, Ricky Olson, had been at the event all night taking all types of photos since that was their natural hobby and they were close friends with a lot of the guys that were playing tonight. There were so many people at this party and I was so inebriated that I hadn't noticed Ryan was there the whole time.

Fuck.

When I was able to gain my footing and stand up, I made my way away from crowd and went to try and find some water and take a breath. I was feeling the anxiety creeping up on me and I wanted to try and talk myself off the mental ledge.

Ryan must have followed me, because when I finally found a bottle of water and began to take a few sips, I heard him speak from behind me.

"Hello, Evie. Long time no see."

I cringed hearing my nickname roll off of his tongue. I hadn't spoken to him since I blocked him on everything after he almost ruined Noah and I's relationship. I wanted to throw up thinking he just took a picture of me doing something that would make me want to die if Noah found out. He was back again, trying to ruin my life with pictures. Deja vu.

"Since when did you start doing coke?" Continuing since I chose not to answer him. He smirked at me mockingly, thinking this was just too good. He didn't even have to try that hard to get dirt on me.

"Ryan...please...you have to delete that photo. Haven't you already done enough to try and ruin my life?" I pleaded. As much as I wanted to grab him and smash his camera, I wanted to try and kill him with kindness and see if I could gain any type of sympathy at all. After all, at one point in our lives, he was my closest friend. The way he was treating me ever since I romantically rejected him was a complete 180 from the Ryan I used to know and it was eerie to think that, all this time, it was just a facade.

"Stop being dramatic. Clearly you're still with him Eve, even after the shit he did to you. If you had given me a chance all of that could have been avoided. But you're a dumb bitch! You keep running back to him even after he's treated you like shit! I had to listen to you cry over this dude so many fucking times and I wasted so much time comforting you. When are you gonna smarten the fuck up Eve?! He doesn't love you! He doesn't care about you! He's probably had side chicks this whole time without you knowing!" I felt my cheeks get hot with the rage rising inside of me. I kept eyeing his camera and he caught on quickly. He pulled it into him protectively as if he could read my intrusive thoughts.

"What do I have to do Ryan...what exactly do you want?" My eyes watered knowing I really fucked up. He had the key to take away everything from me in a heart beat and I felt helpless at this point.

"I want you to suck me off." He smirked.

Vile.

At first I thought he was joking. I was waiting for him to say something else but the awkward silence was deafening.

"Are you fucking crazy?! Absolutely not!" I couldn't believe him right now. I was absolutely disgusted. I still found it hard to believe that the monster behind the face of my former best friend ever existed and it was truly rearing its ugly head.

"Wow, so you do have some self respect. Imagine that." He sneered and I had to mentally talk myself out of physically attacking him. I went to speak until I heard someone calling my name coming from around the corner. In a few moments, one of the stage crew members appeared.

"Eve?!"

"Huh?!"

"We've been looking for you! Noah wants you on stage!"

I suddenly remembered I was supposed to be near the stage ten minutes to midnight  and I panicked. I had no idea what time it was and I completely lost track of time between both being under the influence of so many different substances and debating with Ryan.