15. Heaven Knows I Aint Getting Over You

We had another little jam sesh to Noah's playlist on the car ride to the next destination. I tried to annoy him enough into telling me where it was but he wouldn't break.

He held my hand the whole way and we both sang on the top of our lungs. I was genuinely having so much fun. I missed times like these so much and I never thought I would be able to experience them again. We pulled up to a secluded private beach. The view was perfect tonight. The waves were crashing and shimmered under the moonlight. It looked like it was out of a scene of a movie it was so perfect.

"Are we supposed to be here?" I laughed as he shut the car off. He smiled reassuringly.

"Don't worry. We won't get into trouble." He laughed and he got out and came around to my side to open the door for me. He held my small hand in his after we kicked off our shoes so we could bury our feet in the sand as we walked.

"This is so beautiful." I was amazed at the view.

"This worked out perfectly." He looked pleased and we only walked for a couple minutes before I saw people in the distance.
I squinted.

"Is that.....is that Jolly?"

Noah didn't answer me but I looked at him and saw a grin forming.

"What is this? What's going on?" I narrowed my eyes and started to mimic his smile.

"Come on." Noah snickered and I saw a huge blanket laid out with some pillows with a little picnic basket and Jolly was tuning his guitar smiling but not saying anything.

"A seat for me ladie," Noah had me sit on a pillow and chill out and he sat next to Jolly.
He took a sip of water and cleared his throat as he started to sing. Jolly started to lightly strum his guitar. It already sounded so beautifully melodic.

"I'm not afraid,
Of the war you've come to wage against my sins...
I'm not okay,
But I can try my best to just pretend..."

I instantly recognized the song. It was the song he wrote for me when we first started growing apart and Bad Omens was going away for months on tour.
I first heard it when Noah hand delivered the new album to me and I was the first to listen to it. It instantly brought tears to my eyes.
It was bittersweet.
It was also the song that skyrocketed them to fame over night. But everyone that sang along seemed not to know how deeply rooted it was in a place of pain.
It was beautiful.
No one had heard it acoustically other than me and it was so special.
Noah's enchanting voice cut through the air and I felt like he was singing to my soul.

"I can wait for you at the bottom,
I can stay away if you want me to,
I can wait for years if I gotta,
Heaven knows I ain't getting over you."

I listened to him taking everything in feeling overwhelmed with emotion.

They made it through the song flawlessly and, if it were possible, I felt like a complete puddle on the ground I melted so much.

As soon as they finished, I made my way over to Noah and tackled him into the sand.
He laughed falling back softly and pulling me to him.
"I think she liked it." Jolly smirked and I giggled and kissed Noah softly.

"Later guys." I heard Jolly whisper and trudge off with his guitar. Neither me or Noah broke the kiss or acknowledged him. We were just caught up in the moment.

I eventually pulled away to take a breath and Noah sat us up grinning from ear to ear.

"That was perfect Noah." I gushed.
"This is all so sweet of you."