44. You're Too Good To Be True

"Eve!" Angela gasped, looking at me with wide eyes. "You look absolutely stunning!" Tears came to my friends eyes as she put her hands over her mouth. My eyes watered as well, considering it was a very emotional day, and she was the first to see me in my wedding dress. Her response was even better than I wanted so I felt pleased, hoping Noah would also love the dress I chose.

In just a few short weeks, I was able to find the perfect gown that complemented me even with my baby belly. It had long white lace sleeves that came down to the middle of my hand, and it hugged my bust, flowing beautifully over my little bump. I had almost decided on a black wedding dress, but that would be expected from me and I really wanted to 'wow' Noah today. My hair was in very loose curls pinned back in a low bun, and a headband of white beautiful little flowers complimented my look. I had my full make up done for today by an artist and I felt like an absolute princess as I turned to look at myself in the mirror. I, too, couldn't help but to gasp at my own reflection. I looked radiant.

I never thought I would ever see myself in a wedding dress. Seeing it made this real to me. I was actually marrying Noah. Up until this point, I was really nervous that I would feel like a big, bloated whale in a dress, being this far along, but I actually felt really beautiful today. It was like this dress was made just for me.

I saw Angela crying and I tried to look upward to stop my tears. I folded a tissue I already had in my hand and I blotted underneath my eyes gently, careful not to ruin my make up.

"Stop!" I whined. "You're going to make me mess up my eyeshadow!" I joked and I leaned in giving Angela a tight hug. We had grown very close over the last year and I was thankful for her being here with me.

"Im sorry, I'm sorry! I just can't believe it...Noah's finally growing up. A husband and a dad!? I'm proud of the little shit. " We both giggled and I just shook my head thinking it's been such a long road but we were finally in a good place.

"Yes. Yes he is. I can't believe we're actually doing this,Angela! " I squeaked.

She smiled and put her hands on my arms looking into my eyes sincerely. She's witnessed a lot of the tumultuous ups and downs of me and Noah's relationship and she wanted to make sure I remembered that I still had a say in this.

"Are you absolutely sure about this?" She asked me, wanting to let me know it's still okay to change my mind.

"Yes. 110% yes." I smiled and she smiled back, giving me another quick hug.

I straightened out my dress in the mirror one more time knowing it was nearing the ceremony. I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious, not only about sealing the deal with Noah, but also not knowing what to expect for how the wedding would look. Noah wasn't kidding when he asked me to plan it on his own, and he stayed dedicated to hiding every last detail from me. He wouldn't even let me see the suit he chose. He wanted me to be completely surprised, and I hated surprises! I was never a patient girl and never did well with suspense, but I agreed to trust him, so that's that I had to do.

We were waiting for just a little bit and then Angela finally got the text from Bryan that everyone was ready. I saw her smiling at her phone and she looked at me with a big, cheeky grin.

"You ready to go get married or what?"

My stomach fluttered with nerves and I took a deep breath.

"Oh shit..." I breathed and I grabbed my bouquet of white roses, "I think I am..." I was suddenly full of anxiety. She giggled a bit thinking it was cute that we were both so nervous, after Bryan also shared with her that Noah was extremely tense all morning.

"It's going to be okay, I promise! You were made for each other! And he loves you Evie! You've got this!" She held my hand as we walked toward the door.
__________________________