30. Put A Little More Sword In Your Heart

NSFW

Over the course of a couple of weeks, Shannon and I grew so close we were almost inseparable. She was my new hook-up considering I was way past getting my meds from the doctor. I had been working long hours at the office and couldn't wait to end my night getting blitzed off my ass with Shannon once everyone left. She told me she was able to get pretty much anything from her boyfriend and she was opening my eyes to all the other options I had. I had told her Noah was complaining about me not giving him enough attention lately and I was often sleepy, so she recommended that I switch to Adderall. It was an "upper" and it gave me more energy. Noah was seeming to be a little more content with me considering I had a lot more energy when I got home and I was able to gratify all of his needs. However, I still felt like there was an awkward tension sometimes when I would catch him staring at me, but I was convinced I was getting paranoid from the pills and lack of sleep. There just weren't enough hours in the day, and trying to balance work, pretend to be happy and keeping Noah contented  was weighing on me. I still felt like I was on the go and had so many things to do every day, but the pills were helping me to not crash. If anything it gave me a boost.

The morning of Halloween, Noah and I slept in late. Today was his birthday and we made sure we had the whole Saturday off from any responsibilities. We planned to spend the day in, except for the party later on that the guys and I were planning to throw for him. Noah hated the attention of birthdays and always asked for us to not make a big deal. However, I never listened. The only thing I wanted was for him to be surrounded by everyone that meant the most, with the stipulation that there would be no costumes for Halloween!

I  bought extra pills from Shannon ahead of time to make sure I stayed alert for the long night ahead. I The bittersweet reality of what Noah said he wanted for his birthday was simply to spend time with me. He wanted us to "be lazy" and I almost felt like it was a cry of desperation from him to get my attention. And I needed to show him I was listening to him. I love him and didn't want to lose him again and knew I had been slacking on giving him the attention he deserved. Noah and I had come a long way, and although we used to struggle so much, I was taking accountability for my part in us not working before.

I crawled out of bed and snuck downstairs to make Noah some coffee just the way he liked it. While the coffee was brewing , I went to my purse that was on the kitchen counter and quickly took two pills to start my day, not having time to crush them up. The quick euphoria warmed my insides as I also made myself a mug of coffee and went back up the stairs. I quietly set the steaming cups on the nightstand to cool off. I looked at Noah, sleeping peacefully, always looking so innocent and his features still so captivating to me so many years later. He simply was a true work of art.

I climbed back into bed next to him and I kissed his lips softly. I slowly kissed along  his perfect jawline and decided to plant kisses on his sensitive neck. I heard him groan as he stirred sleepily. I couldn't help but to smile to myself as I nipped at his neck softly. I noticed the edges of his mouth starting to curl into a smirk.

Green light.

I kissed his chest softly and I ran my fingernails over his torso as I ran my lips down his happy trail, disappearing underneath the covers. He was already fully aroused and I removed his boxers, taking my time to tease him. I slowly took him into my mouth and heard him quietly moan. He buried his fingers into my hair as I slowly bobbed my head, taking all of him into the back of my throat repeatedly. Clearly he was fully awake now.

"Fuck." I heard him grunt and his stomach muscles contracted as his body tensed. His breaths became rapid as I continued to pleasure him.

"Eve....I- I'm so close baby." He groaned and his grip on my hair tightened. He peeled the comforter back so he could watch me and he looked down at me through hooded eyelids. His mouth was slightly agape and the euphoria he felt was apparent on his face. I made eye contact with him and he moaned repeatedly. I felt his warmth spill into the back of my throat as I continued during his intense release.

Once he was done with his orgasm I felt his body relax beneath me. I smiled to myself and I came back up to lay next to him.

"Happy birthday, baby." I whispered and I rested my hand across his chest.

"It absolutely is." He started to grin cheekily and I giggled and snuggled up to him as he embraced me. "Can we just pretend every day is my birthday?"

"Pft...that's a lot of work." I joked. "Also, your coffee is ready." I said as I nodded toward the coffee cups beside him. He sat up and I did the same as handed me my cup.

"Thank you my love." He gushed and leaned over, softly kissing my forehead. He already looked so contented and that was the best feeling to me.
___________________

Later that night, after getting dressed for the party, I locked myself in the bathroom to get a quick fix. I knew the night would be long and I needed the energy. Noah was in the bedroom still getting ready so I knew I had to make it quick while he was distracted. I turned on the faucet to drown out the noise of my transgression.

When I finally came out of the bathroom in my little black dress,  I smiled at Noah in his outfit. He was always just perfect and sometimes I still couldn't believe he was all mine.

"Babe can you help me with my dress?" I asked turning around so he could zip me up.

"Come here." He said and I felt him zip me up and kiss my shoulder. I stared at myself in the mirror, not happy with the fact that my collarbones were starting to peek through my skin. I was always more curvaceous and the side effects of the adderall was definitely starting to set in. Some times I would go a few days without eating, mostly just running off of tea. This dress used to fit snugly at one point, complimenting my hourglass figure. Tonight, it was slightly too big and I was hoping Noah wouldn't notice.

"You look gorgeous, Evie." I felt him wrap his arms around me from behind and he rested his chin on my shoulder. I met his eyes with mine in the mirror.

"Everything okay?" He must have noticed the disapproval in my face.

"Yeah...you look so handsome baby." I said, wanting to change the subject but it was also a true statement.

I felt Noah's warm lips on my skin as he buried his face into my neck.

"Do we have to go out tonight?" He whined playfully. "I'd much rather get you out of this dress." He growled deeply.

I giggled.

"You've had me out of clothes all morning." I smirked playfully. "Tonight is special and I want you to celebrate it with everybody that loves you!"

"I know. But you know you didn't have to make a big deal out of today. I'm just as happy just having you to myself. I've missed you." His statement put a crack in my heart. I felt guilty I was always working but it was helping me keep my mind busy and I was getting to the point where I was feeling irritable without the 'medication'. The way in which I was dealing with my devastation wasn't necessarily harming anyone and it was a quick fix for me. Noah had been hinting for a couple weeks now that he wished I were home more and that he wanted to take care of me, but he knew it was unlike me to depend on anyone else.

"I wanted to." I turned in his arms and I kissed him softly. "Ready to go, birthday boy?"

"Definitely." He smiled as he took my hand and I grabbed my purse on way out.