14. I Can Wait For You At The Bottom

The next day came and it seemed to drag by extra slowly. Eventually 7 o'clock came, and I heard a knock at my door.

Okay, Noah. We're being punctual tonight I guess!

I glance at myself once more in the mirror to make sure I look okay. He had mentioned a nice dinner so I chose a tight black long sleeved dress that ended right above my knees. It was simple yet elegant and still a little punk-rock of course.
I took the time to straighten my hair since it was naturally a curly sea of locks. Straightened and shiny, it fell down over my shoulders nicely and I topped off the look with some smokey make up and black high heels. It was a rare occasion to get me in anything other than my Docs or Vans, but I figured tonight was a special event.

My heart thumped nervously as I went and opened the door. Part of me debated on canceling earlier and telling him I was sick, but I wouldn't forgive myself if I did that. I had sex with this man thousands of times....I saw him happy...sad...sick...everything. Why was I so goddamn nervous?

When I opened the door he stood there with his hands in his pockets looking cuter than ever. He looked so sexy dressed up in a suit jacket for a change and not his normal tank top and cargo pants...not that I was complaining about that look at all!

He just looked....suave.

"You clean up nice." I smiled shyly as he gazed down at me smiling back. He looked at me from head to toe looking mesmerized and I loved it. It made me feel special...

"Eve..." he put his hand over his chest as he glanced all the way down to my heels, "you look absolutely stunning."

I could tell he meant it and I felt my cheeks get hot.

"It's not too much?" I chuckled feeling so weird without my docs on.

"Too much?! No fucking way!" He and reached over taking my hand in his and he leaned down and kissed my cheek softly, letting his lips linger for a few moments. He was wearing the same cologne he always wore since we first started dating and I told him to never change it. It was my favorite scent in the world. And it was nice to see,even after all this time of being apart, that some things about him had stayed the same.

The familiar butterflies appeared in my stomach and I melted entangling my fingers with his as I grabbed my purse and locked my door behind me.

When we walked to the car he opened the door for me which took me by surprise.

"What a gentleman." I smirked and hopped in.

"I try, I try." He smirked back at me and came around and got in on the drivers side. Part of me was really enjoying this new side to him, but it also made me weary that the darker side of Noah was lurking, waiting to come back out when I let my guard down. It was so conflicting for me...

He reached behind the seat and revealed a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and roses. I melted seeing them.

"I didn't know if I should still give these to you after seeing those roses you got yesterday." He said cheekily and winked.

"Oh god." I buried my face in my hand and he chuckled.  He was always a little jealous of Ryan but he was poking fun tonight.

"Well, thank you. They're beautiful." I leaned over and kissed his cheek gently.

He smiled and put the keys in the ignition.

When the car came on, Daylily by Movements came over the speakers and I leaned forward and started the song over from the beginning
so I could sing along.

Noah smiled to himself staying quiet and he started to drive. A small chill ran over me as he rested his strong, tattooed hand on my leg, his warmth touching my bare skin that was a little exposed. Every time he touched me it reminded me how much I missed all of him.
I rested my hand on top of his and glanced over quickly. He looked contented...an expression I hadn't seen from him in a long time.