18. One Taste of The Life, Now I Crave It

It was hard to say goodbye to Noah when the time came the next morning. It was extremely early and we were both exhausted. We hadn't slept much the night before.

After our initial love-making the first time, Noah was ready to go every couple hours throughout the night, wanting to make up for lost time while he could. I couldn't believe the amount of stamina this man had. I didn't have any complaints.

The sun rose slowly, and I was still naked and entangled in the sheets as I watched Noah shuffle around my bedroom. He was grabbing his clothes and getting dressed, half awake and yawning often. He was so damn cute when he was sleepy. I tried all night to convince him to get some sleep, but I gave up by round three. He promised me he would get some rest once he got on the tour bus.

When he finally sat on edge of my bed to put his shoes on, I hugged him from behind really not wanting him to go. I was dreading that he was going to be with Poppy, unsupervised for a while month. However, strangely enough, I had a lot of faith in him. The last few weeks I spent with him, he really seemed like a new Noah, and I trusted him to do the right thing.

He paused and he put his hand over one of mine that rested over his chest. He closed his eyes and leaned back into me and I kissed his neck a couple of times.

"I already miss you." He lamented as he let out a heavy sigh.

"Me too." I answered sadly. "But the sooner you go, the sooner you can get home back to me."

He forced a small tired smile and pried himself from my hands after a few minutes knowing if he continued to sit there he might change his mind. He gathered his bags and left them by the door then came back to give me a kiss goodbye. He leaned down onto the bed and kissed me deeply as I ran my fingers through his hair. I felt a familiar lump in my throat but forced myself to hold back the tears. Things were going so well and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared about how this all might play out.

"I had an amazing night with you, baby." He beamed and rested his forehead on mine. "Thank you." He rested his hand on my neck and continued to give me a few small sweet kisses.

"There will be plenty more for you for when you get back." I hinted playfully trying my best not to let on how sad I was.

"I can't wait." He took a breath and wrapped his arms around me, embracing me into a tight hug.
My insides melted feeling so precious to him. Noah wasn't generally a very affectionate type of guy with people, but he was always so loving with me from the very beginning and it made me feel so valued.

As he broke away from me and went over to grab his bags, I left the bed, holding the sheets around me, wanting to walk him out. We left the bedroom and walked to the front door. As he reached the door, he stopped one more time and turned around looking at me with a sadness behind his eyes.

"Be safe, Noah." I squeaked, my voice cracking already feeling heartsick.

"I will be. You be safe too Evie...I'll see you soon." He smiled at me but all I could feel was his sorrow, breaking my heart.

"See you soon." I answered and stood on my tip toes, giving him a final passionate kiss.

He gazed down at me and touched my face, then he forced himself to grab his bags and go. I watched him out the side window as he walked off to his car. My heart throbbed, already longing for him. I went and tried to go back to bed for a little while, the bed feeling so much bigger and emptier now.