Chapter 1

"Becky to the Nurse's station, Becky to the Nurse's station" echoed through the theatre speakers.

"I'll be right with you ma'am" the chestnut hair girl smiled at her patient as she removed her gloves and made her way to the nurses station at the end of the corridor.

"What's up Irin" she asked leaning her body against the counter of the station, her manager glanced up almost surprised she had came so quickly to her call.

"There you are Becky, I just wanted to see if you wanted a couple of extra shifts next week. Margaret is still on sick leave for at least another couple of weeks and I need a check in nurse to cover" the petite matured woman asked her nurse.

"Are you asking me or just informing me I have extra hours to do" Becky questioned knowing her boss far too well.

"Well  I can't force you but you must remember all those mornings I got cover for you when you were siiiiiicck" Irin teased knowing full well how a 26 year old single nurse behaved. Irin herself was once that age and didn't blame the brunette for being late at times.

Becky rolled her eyes, she knew Irin was probably the best boss she had ever had, letting her away with things a nursing manager probably shouldn't. How could Becky say no?

"Ok ok fine but as soon as that hag Maggie is back, I want dibs on the best surgeries going for a week" she demanded as she began walking away and back towards her patient hearing Irin singing her praises as she walked away  only made her smile.

Becky was a theatre nurse at one of London's busiest hospitals.. her average day considered of getting up at 6 to be in work for just after 7, she spent most of her working hours scrubbing in to surgeries, assisting the Surgeon. She truly loved her job despite it's long hours and being exposed to bodily fluids on more than one occasion, she just loved her job.

Of course there was a demand for scrubbing into surgery and when she had to share she was either a floating nurse in the theatre which assisted the scrub nurse getting gauze or equipment whatever was needed she done it.. and if Irin really had it in for Becky, the brunette was forced to work in recovery or like today at the front desk checking patients in. It bored her to death doing the same thing over and over for 12 hours, checking patient ID's and allergies. She felt most comfortable staring down at the insides of some poor old fellas guts. Vascular was her favorite, she had spent 2 years living in Thailand where she had trained in theatre and found out she had loved it.

Becky had been mostly assisting with amputations or surgeries on the arteries around the body, it was one of a few things she fell in love with while over in Thailand. Now back in London for the past 8 months it was strange, very strange settling back into a new job, new lifestyle and a new life in general but she was beginning to enjoy life again finding her happiness in her job.

It was after 9 by the time Becky got back to her flat that evening, walking in she placed her keys on the kitchen counter allowing the fresh smell of spices hit her nose she snuck up snaking her arms around a slender body causing the short blonde to jump in her touch.

"Honey I'm home" she whispered into the blonde locks as she gave the girl a tight squeeze.

 "You stink.. go have a shower, dinner will be ready in 10" the blonde said moving out of Becky's touch as she busied herself draining the pasta in the sink. Becky gave a salute as she made her way towards the bathroom.

"Oh Engfa is coming over so put on a bra.. I don't want my girlfriend drooling over you" the blonde warned causing Becky to turn and laugh.

"I can't  help how sexy these bad boys are Charlotte" Becky replied grabbing her breasts between her fingers giving them a jiggle as she giggled her way towards shower. Charlotte was Becky's wacky roommate. She was literally whacky. She was one of those echo friendly whack jobs who believed in Woman's rights and an extreme animal lover, she had long blonde tied back. They had only known each other since Becky had moved in but Becky knew she had made a friend for life with the blonde.. they were like sisters and she adored her long term girlfriend Engfa too.