Chapter 11

"Shots" Becky declared banging her hands against the wooden bar as Char and a couple of the girls from work followed.

"Can I get four tequilas!" Becky ordered watching girls cringe at the choice of shot. Surprisingly Becky was having a goodnight. she had one missed call from Freen since being in her office 12 hours ago and now she was well and truly drunk. She needed to her hair down, live a little and also to get back on Char's good side. They had spoken about Freen and Becky's relationship and Char had said she wouldn't get involved anymore, as long as Becky was happy, she wasn't going to make any more comments, little did Char know about the whole no sleeping over thing, Becky apologized and the girls had made up by buying rounds of drinks and shots for each other, soon being the only two of the group left by the bar.

"I'm so drunk" Char shouted over the loud music as she sighed looking down at her phone.

"No girls" Becky warned snatching her friend's phone and chucking it back in Char's bag.

"Oh, please I'm sure you are just waiting for your next fix" Char mocked sipping her drink.

"Nope I'm an independent woman now" Becky declared sipping her vodka as Char shot her a mocking look.

"Don't tell me the honeymoon period is over already" Char teased as Becky glared at her.

"Come on, you can tell me I promise I won't say anything, well to your face anyway" Char winked clicking her fingers gesturing the bar maid to give them another round of drinks. Becky sighed as she finished off the last of her drink in the glass, she still wasn't sure if maybe she was overreacting about the whole "Sleep over" thing with Freen. Irin had suggested Becky take a step back, not give Freen what she wanted that would maybe make Freen realize what she is missing, for an old bat Becky had new found respect for her boss with her agony aunt qualities but then again maybe Irin was wrong, what if this pushed Freen away, Freen did only ring once today, Becky began to panic as she reached for the full shot from the steady bar maids hand.

"Fucking hell babe" Char gasped picking up her own shot she mimicked her friends' actions only slower and winced as she felt the raw alcohol slide down to her churning stomach.

"Freen won't sleep with me" Becky blurted out resting her heavy head against her arm on the bar.

"You sure about that, I'm pretty sure my poor ear drums had to listen to your pathetic moans the other night whilst watching Emmerdale" Char laughed as Becky rolled her eyes.

"She won't sleep over, ever or let me stay, she always has some excuse straight after sex" Becky mumbled playing with the empty shot glass in her hand. Char eyes furrowed as she watched her sulking friend, Becky had it bad.

"Becky this is going to sound strange considering Freen and I haven't exactly gotten off to the best start, but you need to give the girl time" Char said placing her fingers on Becky's shoulder.

"Not many people can survive a marriage like you two have done but you guys are clearly giving it a go, what's the rush, what's there to lose" Char spoke honestly knowing Becky was crazy about Freen.

"Everything, I could lose it all again, I don't think I could deal with it" Becky sniffed, she was drunk, sad and slightly horny for her wife but now really was not the time.

"Babe chill ok, she moved here to see you, got a job to be around you, I don't think that girl is going anywhere" Char said giving her friend a gentle smile. Becky nodded, surprisingly Char made a lot of sense for someone who repeatedly called her wife a lunatic and bitch.

"Let's get you home" Char sighed taking her drunk friend in her arms, they waved their goodbyes to Becky's coworkers and headed for a taxi.

*