Chapter 9

"So come on, who is she" Sarah asked as her and Becky wheeled a patient to recovery room after assisting in Mr. Barry's orthopedic surgery.

"I don't know what you are talking about" Becky laughed as they positioned the bed against the wall. Becky handed her patient over to the recovery nurse while Sarah waited for her smirking the entire time.

There was definitely something different about Becky now, her brown eyes had a sense of sparkle that Sarah had not seen from her co-worker before, she noticed Becky was a lot more perky than she had been the last few weeks around the theatre.

"Come on Becky just tell me, I know you by now and trust me you have hot sex written all over your face" Sarah said causing Becky to laugh as they walked back towards the nurse's station.

"You seriously read into things way too much" Becky mocked brushing her shoulder against Sarah's as they took a seat. They sat at the nurse's station as they both caught up with paperwork. Becky couldn't hold her happiness. She smiled allowing her fingers trail over her necklace were her wedding ring dangle under her scrub top, was it really that obvious? If Sarah could sense something how come Char hadn't said anything.

"Girls" Irin greeted her Nurses as Sarah and Becky said hello in unionization.

"Becky I'm short a nurse in a liver transplant this morning" Irin said, Becky groaned knowing she didn't have a choice in the matter, anything to do with the liver was definitely meant she wasn't going to be out of before nine o'clock tonight.

"Ok" Becky shrugged as she dropped her pen and continued to write some notes.

"Sarah" Irin now gave her attention to the blonde.

"Some of these are not signed by Ms. Sarocha, I need you to get her to sign them before I can file them away" Irin said handing Sarah some files as her eyes locked briefly with a wandering Becky. She cleared her throat and continued her work.

"No probs" Sarah smiled taking the files and placing them next to Becky who tried to focus on her work until Sarah had made small talk and disappeared back into her office. Five minutes later and Becky couldn't take her eyes off the yellow sheets beside her.

"I can get Ms. Sarocha to sign them if you want" Becky said casually causing Sarah to glare at her.

"I don't think that's a good idea after Monday do you" Sarah asked cautiously remembering how awkward the surgery was after Becky had stormed out and Freen's thundering attitude for the entire surgery.

"Seriously it's fine, I should probably apologize to her anyway" Becky said nervously hoping Sarah would believe her.

"Ok cool but if Irin asks, I did it" Sarah warned as Becky grinned hopping up from her chair as she gave her friend a pat on the shoulder and left the nurse's station.

"Becky" Sarah called out as Becky raced back blushing as she took the yellow sheets Sarah held out for her. Sarah smirked as she watched the other nurse chirp down the hallway.

*

"Come in" Freen shouted as her pen tapped gently against her paperwork. The surgeon stretched back in her office chair as she sighed loudly into her hands. She felt stressed after her two-hour meeting with other surgeon this morning, her office door closed as the presence kept quiet, she peeped between her fingers instantly feeling her heart race as Becky stood leaning against her office door in her scrubs.

"Hi" Becky smiled shyly as she watched Freen stand up in her pin skirt and blouse, it was nice seeing Freen all professional looking every now and then, Freen smiled as she slowly made her way over to Becky who didn't move, her eyes just roamed over Freen's tanned legs and tight skirt clinging in all the right places. Becky gulped as Freen's face remained blank as her hand reached out tracing lightly over Becky's scrubs that parted at her hips.