Chapter 12

A flood of panic washed over Becky as she reached out to the empty space beside her, she dashed out of her room stumbling towards the dining table where Char, Engfa and Freen stared at her mid breakfast.

"Sleeping beauty is awake" Char joked snatching a slice of toast off the plate Freen held offering some to Engfa who politely declined. Freen gave Becky a warm smile, despite Becky's churning stomach to the small breakfast and a whopping headache. Becky was squealing inside that Freen had exactly slept over last night. beside her, in her bed.

"Yow numpty" Char called out as Becky jumped in her spot.

"What" she grumbled.

"I said sit down for some food" Char pulled out the chair beside her beckoning her friend to sit beside her.

"So, I was wrong about wifey over here" Char pointed at a smirking Freen "and we are cool now as long as she continues to make a brekkie like this" Char said as she stuffed her mouth with sausages.

"Yow how does a Thai woman know how to do a full English" Char whispered her mouth full of half chewed food whilst Freen was busy in the kitchen.

"I guess I trained her well" Becky smirked as she held her head in her hands. She remembered her and Freen were talking last night about everything, she needed to pick up where they left off. They both had stuff they needed to say to one another that remained bottled up for over a year.

"Here" Freen smiled as she placed a home cooked full English breakfast plate in front of her, Becky heaved as she stood up.

"No, excuse me" Becky said holding her mouth as she ran straight for the bathroom whilst hearing a rupture of laughter echoed from the kitchen.

"You look rough" Freen said sitting on the edge of the bath as she held a glass of water out for a pale faced Becky.

"I'm such an idiot" Becky breath out as she rested back from the toilet bowl wiping her tears and mouth in the hand towel.

"Yeah, you are" Freen smirked.

"You are loving this aren't you" Becky snapped throwing the dirty towel at her wife who squealed and ducked for cover. As Freen's laugher died down, the silence eased between them. They were back having a physical relationship for over a month now; Becky knew an emotional relationship needed to be formed to at least try and forget about the past.

"We need to talk" Becky finally said standing up she reached for her toothbrush as Freen remained sitting on the ledge of the bath.

"I know but I've got to go to work for a while" Freen replied as Becky rolled her eyes brushing her teeth.

"One day, can you just not go in for one day" Becky mumbled with her brush in her mouth as she looked down on her wife.

Becky it's my job" Freen replied slightly irritated.

"Not every day Freen, you need a break too" Becky said wiping her mouth as she placed her toothbrush back in the cup next to Char.

"To what get so drunk that you are puking your guts up the next day" Freen shot back as Becky's eyes widened.

"Ok since when did this turn into an argument" Becky joked but Freen was beyond finding this one bit funny.

"This is one big joke to you" Freen mumbled as she stormed out of the bathroom.

"What's that supposed to mean" Becky shot back offended. Anything between her and Freen was definitely not a joke.

"Nothing" Freen mumbled once in Becky's room she quickly gathered her stuff in her handbag.