Chapter 32

"Slow down" Friend snapped as she whipped Becky's empty glass from her hand.

"I'm nervous" Becky grumbled gesturing to the bar man to pour her another gin and tonic.

"Why because your lady and her lady are going to be here...you better not fuck her in the toilets like you did at my bar...it's so un lady like" Friend grumbled as she snatched the drink from the confused looking barman before Becky could take it.

"Friend" Becky snapped as Friend quickly knocked back the drink.

"I don't want to be here...Do you know 6 months ago I couldn't wait to come back here and see everyone and now. I can't even be around Char because I know she'll somehow know I've been lying to her...I've already avoided her and now I've to sit here over dinner especially with Faye going to be here" Becky grumbled as she glanced around the restaurant nervously.

No one was here yet; she could easily just leave and head back to Irin's.

"Listen drama queen, keep your mouth shut and your hands to yourself for the night and Char won't even know" Friend replied as she ordered herself another G&T.

"I'm going to go, just slip out the back door before they come it'll be fine. I'll call Char on my way home" Becky said as she clutched her handbag over her shoulder.

Becky turned as she began to walk towards the exit she felt a tight grip around her arm.

"You are not fucking leaving me with this bunch of fannies" Friend warned as tugged the nurse back.

"Sit the fuck down and man up" Friend snapped as she sat back on the bar stool and handed Becky her own Gin and tonic nodding at the nervous looking bar man to fix her another drink.

Becky glared at Friend, she had only known her a few weeks, but she had never seen Friend lose her temper like this. Friend was right, she needed to man up.

This was Char and Engfa's wedding celebration and here she was being a selfish slut.

"You're right, thanks Friend" Becky sighed as her hand rested on Friend's thigh.

Friend's face softened as she gave her a quick smile and reassuring nod.

"Well, well glad to see you two are enjoying yourselves" Engfa beamed beside them causing Becky to jump.

She glanced over Engfa's shoulder where Faye was dragging Freen behind her towards the toilets as Char spoke with the waiter.

Becky rolled her eyes as Freen glanced briefly in her direction clearly about to be warned to stay away from her ex-wife for the evening.

"Good to see you babe" Engfa said as she gave Becky a quick hug and then the same to Friend.

"Sorry I haven't been around; I've just been busy with Irin and that" Becky excused herself as Friend scoffed a little too loudly knowing exactly what Becky was up to the last couple of weeks.

Becky glared briefly at Friend as did Engfa before gripping Becky's hand and encouraging her to follow her towards Char and their table.

"Shut the fuck up" Becky grumbled under breath at a smirking Friend who followed swiftly behind.

"You shut the fuck up" Friend teased pushing her as she leaned forward whispering slut into Becky's ear and laughing quietly to herself.

"Well, well stranger" Char greeted her best friend with a hug as Becky smiled wrapping her arms around Char.

"How is Irin" Char asked concerned as Becky felt guilty. Guilty she was lying to her friend about Freen and guilty that she was letting Freen distract her from Irin.