Chapter 18

Happy reading :))

3 years later...

As the plane's tires collided along the runway of Heathrow airport, Becky's heart raced deep in her chest. This was it, the day she dreaded since leaving this miserable weather and starting fresh or at least to try.

She stared out into the mist of terminal in the far distance, no matter how much she was dreading coming back, it was still home.

It was still the country she was born and raised, her friends were here, family still settled in Brighton and Freen was here.

3 years is a long time being away. Becky had decided to leave London as soon as her divorce was finalized.

She needed to get away, maybe she was running away from her life, but it seemed the right thing to do at the time.

Before leaving she eventually made it back to work after breaking her foot, persuading Irin to let her work with her in the check in desk, it wasn't long before she was scrubbing back into surgeries.

Her relationship with Freen was strained. they were both clearly hurting and having to see each other most days wasn't helping, so after Freen got hold of her solicitor in Thailand they were officially divorced within a couple of months.

There was no hatred between them, they were civil as they could be, small talking and always polite to one another but there's only so much you can say to the woman whose heart you broke and ending any chance of happiness together.

Becky needed to get away, spread her wings and start living a life she could begin to appreciate again. As a divorcee hitting her late twenties what did she have to lose.

So, she packed up her job and booked a trip around the world. It was exactly what Becky needed. She travelled almost a year through India and Asia before finally making it to Australia where she settled for the next two years of her life.

Working in the Royal Melbourne hospital she found a new love for orthopedic surgeries, she had even undergone a managerial course and was now a qualified clinical nurse manager.

As much as she enjoyed the lifestyle in Melbourne, meeting new friends and women she still thought about everyone back home. She missed her brother who was now a father to a two-year-old boy called Luke, she missed Char so much.

It was hard with time difference, but they made it work with Skype dates. Whether Char was drunk and begging her best friend to come home or Becky drunk saying she would book her flights home the next day.

She never did end up booking flights though, not until late last year after Char had finally mucked up the courage to ask Engfa to marry her which brings us back to why Becky was finally back on home turf.

She couldn't wait to be a part of the wedding with Char asking Becky to be her maid of honor. Becky immediately put in for extended leave to return to London.

Becky didn't know if she would head back to Oz or not, but this was her life now, making her own choices and trying her hardest to get by and be happy.

Collecting her bags she pushed her trolley through arrivals her nerves were getting the better of her, she couldn't wait to see Char and Engfa. Char had been texting Becky on her stop overs ensuring Becky she would be at the airport at least an hour before she was due to arrive.

"There she is" Char squealed as she jumped up and down on the spot as Becky approached her.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh" Char squealed as she gripped onto Becky tightly squeezing her.