Chapter 36

"Here" Freen said softly as she handed Becky a tumbler with whisky to which her ex-wife gladly accepted. Sipping out of her own glass she sat opposite Becky whose eyes remained fixated on the brownish burning liquid at the bottom of the glass.

Freen glanced over her shoulder down the hallway.

Irin's lifeless body was in the next room...she was dead, Freen was used to death.

Well as much as any person in her field of work could ever be used to someone dying. That's someone's child, mother, friend or lover she has to break news to when she tried all she can do to save a person after a car accident or freak accident or even in Irin's case, cancer.

It never did get any easier but right now Freen felt numb, she could see the hurt Becky was going through and maybe now wasn't the best time, but she needed answers.

She needed to know how Irin passed away so suddenly and why when Freen checked the morphine supply it was now all gone when she had only given Becky a new prescription yesterday afternoon when Becky came to visit.

She could see Becky was grieving inside but there was something else going on in her head, something much deeper and Freen needed to find out what was going on.

"BB" Freen said but Becky eyes remained focused on her glass.

"Becky" Freen repeated impatiently as she reached for Becky's hand. Gripping it tightly Becky's eyes slowly locked with hers as Becky knocked back the remainder of the whiskey and releasing Freen's grip on her hand.

"I need to organize the funeral arrangements and let Irin's brother know" Becky croaked as she stood up wiping her stinging eyes. Freen gulped as she watched Becky.

The last time she had seen Becky like this was when she asked her for a divorce. Becky could never cope with guilt well it tore her apart until she would reach breaking point, she could see the exact same pain as that day back in Thailand.

**

"Freen" Becky cried as she banged on against their bedroom door. Tonight, has been the worst night of her life, she had drunk far too much at the bar.

Her fight with Freen on the phone had made her so angry and stupid. She let Kade touch her against her car.

Becky was confused and hurt along with the drink she let Kade touch her, show her the attention she craved off Freen the past few weeks, but she felt sick.

Despite snapping at her on the phone, Freen still came to the old navy bar, she came to pick her drunken wife up only to be met by her wife being fucked against her car by no one other than Kade.

The famous red head bitch Kade. Freen climbed out of her car as she watched Kade looking very pleased with herself while a breathless Becky pushed the other surgeon off her.

The look of pure horror on Becky's face when she glanced over to see Freen stood watching them, Becky continuously apologized and made excuses as Freen approached them, ignoring her pleads.

Freen stood in front of Kade. A woman who had it all. a blossoming career in colorectal surgery, the flash car and big house...she crossed the line, she fucked Freen's wife, one right hook and Kade was bent over gripping her bloody mouth as Becky's eyes widened in shock.

"Get in the car now" Freen snapped as she turned in her heels and headed straight back to her car as a sobbing Becky followed.

"Babe please open the door" Becky sobbed as she wiped her tears in her jacket. Freen demanded Becky not to say a word on the way back to their house or Freen would stop on the side of the road and force Becky out of the car.