Chapter 39

"What the hell happened" Freen gasped as they stood in the cold car park.

Freen's hand grasping Becky's chin lightly as she examined Becky's dry blooded swollen lip.

"Nothing" Becky mumbled as she moved out of Freen's grip.

"Becky, that's not nothing, tell me" Freen snapped as Becky's saddened eyes locked with hers.

Becky was words away from letting it all out...telling Freen about Faye's threats, how both their careers were on the line all because of Becky.

She could confess all now, it was Faye that punched her, that was forcing her to flee the country in a matter of days.

"Becky" Freen snapped breaking the nurse from her gaze.

"What is going on with you...you can't just turn up here looking like that and drunk?"

"Oh, give it a rest" Becky mumbled as Freen frowned.

"You can't expect me to be all smiley, smiley while you ask me to marry you one day and have that conniving little bitch in there beside you" Becky snapped even thinking about Faye's smug face was making her angrier by the second.

Freen sighed as she took a step closer to Becky.

Lacing their fingers together as Freen felt Becky's soft hands between hers as she glanced up to meet Becky's saddened eyes.

"You know I love you BB...I can tell Faye now if that's what you want, I'll walk in there and tell her you are the one I love and want to spend my life with, not her, whatever you want Becky, I'll do it, I'm just worried about you, you've been acting weird lately. just let me in babe" Freen said as Becky gulped. 

Could she really let Freen know about everything, it was obvious Freen loved her.

She could see it in Freen's eyes, Becky was in charge.

Becky had Freen's heart in her hands and she was petrified to what she was going to do.

"No" Becky sighed.

"I'm sorry ok. let's just wait until after the wedding, when things calm down then we can be together" Becky said as she slowly broke her own heart with her words, she watched Freen smile at her.

Becky was lying to herself and in a few days' time Freen would realize she lied to her too.

Becky knew there was no way she could take everything away from Freen that's why as soon as this wedding was over.

She hated the idea of letting Faye get what she wanted but Becky knew for Freen to have any sort of a future as a surgeon, Becky could never be a part of it.

**

"I'll see you tomorrow" Engfa grinned nervously as Char bit her lip nodding.

Becky rolled her eyes as the couple gave each other short and sweet kisses before Engfa finally left their flat leaving Becky and Char to their own devices the night before Char's wedding.

"Well, here's to your future" Becky said as she handed her best friend and a glass of wine and cradled her own as she sat on the couch.

"I can't believe I'm getting married tomorrow."

Char sighed contently as she sipped sensibly on her wine.

Becky felt nausea take over, an all too familiar feeling the past couple of days.

She knew once the wedding was over so her life in London.

Becky has subtly avoided Freen the past couple of days while she finally plucked up the courage to book a flight to Malaysia for tomorrow night.