Chapter 5

A week had passed before Becky seen Freen again... Becky thought after Freen's ultimatum that would be the last she would see of her wife. Freen's words haunted Becky... She meant nothing to her when Becky meant everything to her. Becky knew she needed to move on...she was never going to have her old life back. A life she had no control over well now she had control over her new one. She had spent the week working 9-5 hours out in the check in are ensuring she stayed well clear of any operating theatre she couldn't face seeing Freen. It was now a Friday evening when Becky was finishing up for a week... the only good thing about covering Margaret's hours is that Becky got the weekends off... she couldn't wait to go out tonight. Drink, dance maybe even have a little flirt she was definitely going to get intoxicated tonight...she needed it after last weekend. She needed to let loose.

"Enjoy your weekend kiddo...I know I will" Jorin wiggled her eyebrows as she passed Becky who was changing at her locker.

"Oh yeah...anything exciting planned" Becky smiled placing her hoodie over her head,

"I've got me a hot date with the new hot surgeon" Jorin replied a little too excited for Becky's liking as her heart sank deep in her chest...Jorin was a player...she was a long-haired anesthetist nurse with lesbian written all over her with piercing and tattoos... Becky gave Jorin a quick smile as she muttered a goodbye and left the locker-room. The last time she had felt this much pain in her chest was when Freen gave her their divorce papers. Sure, Freen was single and had every right to do what she wanted but it really necessary that she went out with one of Becky's coworkers... Freen was throwing this in Becky's face, and it made her blood boil...

"Becky" speak of the devil herself Freen jogged up to Becky slightly breathless, her dark eyes staring into hers.

"Hey" Freen said clearly a lot less angry than when they had last seen each other.

"I wanted to apologize for last week" Freen said chewing the inside of her cheek as Becky's stern face glared at her.

"What I said" Freen sighed feeling guilt eat her up inside, she had wanted to talk to Becky all week, but she knew she needed to give them space. Give Becky some head space about her coming to work in the same hospital.

"It's fine" Becky said staring Freen as her teeth gritted.

"I've got to go" she mumbled stepping forward as Freen stepped to the side blocking Becky's way.

"BB look I really didn't mean..." Freen trailed off as she was interrupted by Jorin calling her name as she came their way. Becky stared into Freen's eyes full of sadness she wanted to beg Freen not to go out with Jorin... beg her to come home with her and give her another chance...tell her how much she loved Freen and wanted to spend the rest of her life with her... but her heart broke a little more now knowing Freen had moved on from their marriage...it was over...they were over.

"BB" Freen whispered as she seen how upset Becky was...she wanted to know what had happened.

"Enjoy your night" Becky smiled weakly as she brushed past Freen this time she didn't stop her. Freen sighed as she watched the brunette walk away...

***

Freen glanced around the busy club Jorin went to get them drinks. They had just gone to an Angus steakhouse...Jorin spoke mostly about herself throughout dinner which Freen didn't really mind since she didn't want to talk... she wasn't in the mood to be out tonight... All she could think about was how guilty she felt for how things happened earlier with Becky. She tried to apologize but then Jorin coming a long she had clearly told Becky all about their dinner plans... Jorin had hounded Freen the past 3 days between surgeries to go out with her... she finally agreed for her own sanity hearing Jorin beg one more time...dinner and drinks she thought...why not it's not as though it would be no harm that was until she seen Becky's hurt face on the corridor after work. Freen missed not talking to Becky all week... she had seen her a couple of times ordering take out lunch from the staff canteen and then was gone... Freen had never felt so torn about her feelings, at least in Thailand Freen thought at the time she hated Becky, so it was easy to be nasty to her wife. Now Freen felt bad for turning up and turning Becky's life upside down.