Chapter 8

"Morning" Freen greeted her staff as she made her way to her unconscious patient. Everyone responded with a polite hello except one person, one person who had ignored her for the past week since they returned from Brighton.

Freen still felt nauseous remembering she had kissed some random blonde at the club last week. The way Becky had suddenly closed up again and didn't speak another word of that night with Freen, in fact she didn't speak at all to her.

Freen wanted to explain but she knew Becky being as stubborn as she is that she needed to give Becky space and time to calm down but here Becky was in Freen's surgery about to assist her in operating. The staff busied around as Becky counted the instruments. A true pro now she could name them off in her sleep compared to when Freen had first had the brunette in one of her surgeries.

"Ok everyone ready for time out" Freen pronounced as marked her patient's neck for her incision line.

"Yes" echoed in agreement as Freen's eyes were firm on a silent Becky.

"Rebecca" Freen said sternly sure Becky could be in a piss with her outside of work but once anyone walks into her operating room she expects full respect from the staff.

"Yeah ready" Becky mumbled under her mask as her eyes diverted back down to her busy hands.

"We have Mr. Thomas James, DOB 23/07/1987, NKDA, Hospital number 01031987, he is here for a carotid endarterectomy of the left carotid artery with 78% stenosis" Sarah the floating nurse confirmed.

"Any concerns on your part Dr. Hussan" Freen asked as she turned to face the Anesthetist who glanced over the patient and monitor.

"No concerns Ms. Sarocha" he confirmed giving the surgeon a thumbs up.

"Any concerns with our nurses regarding Mr. James" Freen asked glancing around the room as Sarah shook her head and said no concerns. Freen looked at Becky who seemed disinterested in even being there.

"Rebecca" Freen snapped as the brunette glared at her.

"You heard Sarah didn't you, no concerns" she replied dryly as rage filled Freen's veins, no one spoke to her like that in her operating theatre.

"Sarah scrub in" Freen ordered as Sarah stared at her confused.

"But Ms. Sarocha, Becky..."

"I said scrub in" Freen snapped as the pale nurse nodded her head nervously and turned to quickly get ready.

"You can't do that" Becky snapped knowing well Freen was being unreasonable.

"Watch me" Freen replied to breaking eye contact as she asked Dr. Hussan if the patient vitals were ok for a slight delay who nodded back with no concerns.

"Fuck this" Becky muttered as she stepped back ripping her scrub suit off and headed for the door. 

"Becky where do you think you are doing" Freen snapped but the brunette was already out the door before she could get a reply.

"Five minutes and we will commence" Freen confirmed to her a stunned looking operating staff who gave her a nervous nod before pretending to be busy again. Freen stepped back from her patient as she whipped off her scrub suit lowered her mask to her neck as she headed the direction of Becky. Stomping down the long corridor she noticed Becky storming off towards the nurses' station, Freen quicken up her pace.

"Becky" Freen shouted as she watched the brunette walk into her managers opened door office.

"I don't want to work in vascular anymore" Becky blurted out as Irin looked up between her glasses as Becky stood with her hand on her hips followed by an angry looking Freen who stood at the door.