Chapter 37

Freen opened the bedroom door where Becky was staying in Irin's house. Char was sat next to Becky who was slowly towel drying her highlighted hair.

"I'm going to nip to the shops and get us food" Char excused herself as she gave Becky's arm a light squeeze as she exited the room giving Freen a quick smile and leaving the pair alone.

"You ok babe" Freen asked as she stepped into the room hearing the front door close, she knew Faye and Friend were most likely arguing about something downstairs.

"I don't know what to do" Becky mumbled as she rubbed her swollen eyes. She felt numb, she gave Irin what she had wished for but instead of feeling happy she done right by a dying woman.

She felt guilty and horrible for what she did only hours ago, she remembered feeling nauseous as she drew up the lethal dose of morphine.

Syringe after syringe she placed them in the tray as she slowly made her way into where a weak Irin was praying to herself.

"Are you sure about this" Becky asked feeling like emptying the contents of her stomach all over the floor.

Irin gave her a weak smile and she nodded her head. They didn't exchange much between them.

Becky told Irin she loved her and respected her, and Irin's simple words were, be happy and stop running away from your past.

Becky thought about Irin's last words, and she sat back crying watching the morphine take over.

Irin's body, it was a peaceful death while Irin smiled until her very last breath only a few minutes later, leaving a sobbing Becky gripping Irin's warm hand as she checked for a pulse but that was it Irin was gone.

55 years old and her life was no more.... free from this cruel world while Becky had to live in it...as she sat crying, she realized how precious life was. How precious Freen was to her...she couldn't bear the thought of anything ever happening to Freen...

"Look everything is sorted ok, you don't need to worry about anything now" Freen said as she broke Becky from her painful flash back.

Becky's blood shot eyes connected with Freen's as Freen sat next to her and gripped her hand in her own.

"Where's Faye" Becky asked.

"Downstairs" Freen replied.

"You should go be with her...I'm just going to wait for the funeral directors to come and then I'm going to stay with Char until the wedding" Becky replied as Freen's grip tightened.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying with you BB" Freen replied leaning forward and placing a kiss on Becky's damp cheek.

"But she'll get suspicious, the last thing I want right now is Faye wanting to kill me, let's just wait until after the wedding" Becky sighed as Freen shook her head.

"I don't care if she gets suspicious...she's going to find out sooner or later. I'm staying with you babe no matter what" Freen said as she wrapped her arm around Becky bringing her close as she held her.

Freen couldn't imagine what was going through Becky's head right now. Sure, she done something that could land her in prison, but Freen wasn't going to judge what Becky done.

She knew how close Becky and Irin had become and honestly even though she was a medical professional if someone she loved begged for a way out, she probably would consider it.

"Babe. I want you to know it's going to be...like about how Irin died...no one will ever know ok" Freen said as she pulled back allowing Becky to face her.