Chapter 29

"Let's get you comfortable on the couch" Becky insisted as she held Irin's hand tightly as the older woman slowly made her way into her living room.

Sitting down she gasped for air as Becky quickly changed her portable oxygen to her home oxygen machine.

"It's good to be home" Irin hummed causing Becky to smile to herself as the prop the pillow behind Irin.

"I'll make us some tea" she smiled as she began to walk towards the kitchen she felt a tight grip around her wrist.

"Thank you, Rebecca, I really mean it, I couldn't have done this without you" Irin said with such warmth in her voice it could almost have brought Becky to tears.

She wasn't used to Irin being so vulnerable. The Irin she knew was the bossy sarcastic old woman who she worked with her every day when she lived in London.

Now Irin was skin and bone, still battling a nasty chest infection that could possibly kill her before the multiple tumors in her body did.

Becky needed to do this for Irin, take care of her after years upon years of Irin caring for others. It was her turn now to receive the best care possible and Becky was going to make sure she did.

"Oh, stop it you, old battle axe... I know you only want me here because you fancy me" Becky teased as a grin formed on Irin's face.

She needed Becky's humor to get her past the fact she wasn't going to be living in this world for much longer.

Becky flicked the kettle on and began sorting out Irin's home supplies. Freen had pretty much organized everything herself from the hospital.

Making sure antibiotics were delivered to the house so Becky could give her home IV's and the morphine pump would be arriving by the pharmacy in the next hour.

Becky made a mental note to make sure and she thanked Freen properly later for all her hard work. They hadn't spent much time together since Sunday.

Becky had been spending her mornings helping out with whatever she could for Char and Engfa's wedding as they made their final preparations while spending her afternoons in the hospital with Irin.

Becky hated the fact that Freen was working only two floors above Irin's room but yet she couldn't see her. She knew Freen was busy this week with surgeries and getting Irin home as soon as she could.

It was putting pressure on the surgeon; they spoke as much as they could on the phone chatting and flirting. Becky didn't dare mention Faye's name. She knew Freen was still clearly in a relationship with her, and Becky wasn't about to get involved.

It made her skin crawl the thought of Faye even talking to Freen, let alone whatever else the couple were doing.

Becky didn't even know what her and Freen were even doing, of course they had finally admitted they loved each other sure that meant something to Freen?

But what was actually going on between them. Becky was glad to be moving in with Irin for a while to look after her. The last thing she wanted was to risk bumping into Faye in Char's apartment or Char finding out about her and Freen.

Becky's phoned buzzed as she checked the clock above the sink knowing it was now the afternoon it was most likely Freen after getting out of the last of her surgeries.

Afternoon beautiful! I hope Irin is settling in ok, I'll be over with some Chinese at 5.. I love you X

Becky grinned at her phone as she clutched it towards her chest, biting her lip she couldn't wait for the next 4 hours to hurry the fuck up so she could see Freen.