Chapter 7

"Jesus BB slow down" Freen panted as she watched the brunette disappear further up the pier.

They had gone straight to sleep last night after exchanging rings again, Freen knew it was a bit awkward considering they weren't actually together, but she wanted this weekend to just relax and let then enjoy themselves just let it be like old times, no dramas or fights.

Becky had been up at the crack of dawn, normally she was a bed together, but when she woke up this morning with Freen's arm rested across her hip bone no way could she sleep, she laid there for an hour just trying to reduce her speeding heartbeat.

She smiled to herself watching Freen sleep so peacefully beside her. Eventually stirring in her sleep Becky pretended to only wake as they each had a warm smile and Freen mumbled apology taking her hand back to her chest.

Becky said she was going for a run and was more than surprised when Freen said she would come to, Freen was never into fitness even if she was a surgeon. She ate and drank what she wanted as she inherited her mother's slender figure.

Freen gasped as she finally caught up with Becky who stood in her laggings and oversized grey hoodie.

"Bloody hell" Freen mumbled as Becky glanced at her laughing how the girl had picked up her lingo when they first got together, it always made her smile.

"God I actually missed this place" Becky hummed looking out at the wintery sun glistening against the calm water.

"You think you will move back" Freen asked as she looked out to the sea, Becky didn't reply she just shrugged her shoulders.

"It's not really home anymore" Becky eventually replied as she caught Becky's attention.

"Then where is" Freen asked Becky's brown eyes stared into her own. Becky shrugged her shoulders again, home was where her heart was Becky always thought growing up, sure she had a normal up bringing but she always felt something was missing.

She always knew that there was more to just drinking vodka from a coke bottle on the pier every Friday night with her best friends, there was more to just living in some 3-bedroom house around the corner from her mum and dad when she was older. She knew Brighton could never be her home and she finalized that decision when she moved to Thailand.

"So, what do you want to do today" Becky asked as Freen frowned with the sudden subject change. Freen knew Becky was being closed up. Becky was always one to push for answers, before they split up, she had pined for Freen telling her she loved her always and forever but not once since Freen had come to London had Becky opened up about her own feelings, both of them were as confused and closed up as each other.

"Whatever you like" Freen said as Becky smiled breaking eye contact and looking out to the calm sea once again.

***

"BECKY!!" Nam squealed at her friend as the girl pounced on the brunette when Becky and Freen entered Lacey's.

"Hiya babe" Becky squealed back as Freen's heart sank hearing the brunette saying babe, that was her word. Becky only called her babe; she knew she was overreacting. Becky and Nam were friends since they were 5 but it still made her body react subconsciously. The two women giggled as they hugged and kissed each other.

"Freen" Nam smiled sympathetically as she brought Freen to her chest giving her a warm hug. Freen knew Nam was the only one who knew about their split, she could sense Nam's heart felt hug was genuine.

They stood greeting each other as a few of Becky's old friends made an appearance. After a few minutes of chatting with the girls Freen felt a warm hand against her arm as Becky leaned forward.