Life and Death 2.

"I can take the burden.
Let's switch."
Charlie scoffed, taking a step back. He looked at me in anger.
"Don't be ridiculous."
I made a step forwards.
"Charlie, listen to me. I can do it. You're- you're too close with death. You're sorry for them. I'm not."
I smiled.
"Of course , life is beautiful but it is because it ends. I know it better than anyone. Believe me."
"I don't understand. I mean some of them want to go but some don't."
"And you don't need to understand, because I do."
I hold my hand towards him, trying to get him to take my hand.
"I can't accept that."
I sighed, knowing what I needed to do now.
"Then I need to force you."
I stepped forward and took his hand.
"No stop it!"
He tried to get away but I held him close. Even though it was the wrong moment, I still enjoyed the contact with him.

"Mors et vita procul sunt et tam prope."
I was surprised how easy the latin words slipped from me. Charlie and I learned them way longer ago then any other person ever lived. So long ago that I don't remember much from that time.
"NO, Nick stop it. I disagree!"
Charlie tried to let himself fall, to somehow get his hand out of my grip but I didn't let him.
"ut dolor."
"Let me go!"
Charlie hit me as hard as he could, trying to get away from me, tears streaming down is face.
"fatum nostrum patet."

Ties came around our hands. The light from me shimmered away and towards Charlie, while the black from his body did the same to me. I started to get cold but I didn't care .

I just watched Charlie. His skin got a color. His eyes too. A beautiful blue. His hair stayed the same pitch black it was but on top of his hair grew a crown out of flowers. His black gown turned into a white one.
All in all making him look like a beautiful Angel.

Charlie's POV
I watched Nick with tears in my eyes. How could he do that? I didn't wanted this. How could he do this to himself. He was so happy , so full of life. Why would he do this to him, to me, to us? His hair lost some color. The blond now looking kinda white. His eyes did too. The brown almost darkened to a black.
His skin got almost white. The flowers on his head died and his white gown tuned into a black one.

The ties around our hands fell to the ground but we didn't let go. I stared at him and even though my skin now was hot and full of life, I felt dead and cold. The price for my happiness costed was my happiness.

I let Nick's hand fall, the first tears falling down from my cheeks. I could watch how the ground under his feet's died. The trees around him too.

"What have you done?"