Life and Death 3.

The years have passed. Many died , many greeted the life for the first time. It almost seems like nothing had happened at all but for the ones , who looked closer realized a lot has changed.

Nick enjoyed his new job. Even though it was hard sometimes , he loved to help the ones in need to get to the other side.

Charlie enjoyed his new job too. Quiet enjoying to let everything around him bloom and life .

But some realized that as soon as the life came by, death followed shortly after. It seems like a chase.
Maybe it was because of Charlie, who needed to think of the death every single time he helped someone to come to life. The love of his life was haunting him like a ghost. One the one hand so thankful for his sacrifice but on the other one hating him for it. How could he think Charlie could ever be happy, if he knows what Nick seems to go trough. So Charlie ran, as far away as he somehow could. Maybe it was because of Nick, who couldn't accept his love not talking to him, so he ran after him as long and fast as he could.

It was the first time in their existence to admit their love for each other. Everyone knows beside the other one of course . But then... fade decided it was enough of their game if catch.

Charlie's POV
I stepped into the house. It was smelling warm, loved. No human seemed to be there, so I kept going.
"Oh hi!"
The dog was laying beside the couch.
"It's your big day. Isn't ?"
He kneeled down beside him , caressing the dogs stomach.
"Your puppy's coming today , aren't they?"
The dog pushed his head against Charlie's Hand.
"Aren't you a pretty lady ?"
"Her name is Nelly."
Charlie flinched. His eyes going wide, trying to catch his breath.
"Hi Charlie"
Charlie's gaze turned away from the dog and looked behind him.
"Hi Nick."

I had feared this moment for the last years. I had thought of many days but now ... what was I supposed to do now.
Nick looked different . The black seemed not to be as sad around him as it was around myself. but ...
"How are you?"
What a dumb question. Nick smiled , he actually smiled.
"Good Charlie, I'm good. I would be even better if you wouldn't run away from me."
I looked down again.
"How you know the dog ?"
"She's mine."
"You have a dog ?"
"Yeah, I thought I was there to help her get to the other side but even as I touched her, she just... didn't go and now she's getting puppy's!"
I smiled, as if it was like always.
"That's beautiful."
"It is."

Narrator
It was silent between them, both watching Nelly.
"Charlie, it was my decision."
"NO it was not!"
The life pushed himself up, turning around and for the first time really facing the death. He starred at Nick in anger.
"It was mine! It was my burden to live with and even though I wasn't enjoying it , it would be even worser to watch you carrying it!"
"Charlie, it's no burden for me."
Charlie's shoulders fell down.
"But how?"
Nick shrugged .
"I don't know."
And then it all came together . The life started to sob, for the first time in forever letting his feelings show.
The death sighed , wrapping his arms around his love.
"It's fine darling, I really enjoy it. You did nothing wrong."
Life wrapped his arms around him, murmuring only one thing over and over again .

I love you.
I love you.
I love you.