Chapter 35 - State Of Mind!

"I will resolve this issue before 'Lindwurm,'" Luke replied to Sylvia.

This was his original plan. The state of mind is quite mysterious; the more anxious you are to elevate it, the more it can influence you.

Luke certainly won't make such a mistake, and the situation is not at a severe level. The state of mind naturally improves in subtle ways without conscious effort.

If Luke still has no solution before 'Lindwurm,' he will seek help from Fan Xinglu. As long as Fan Xinglu is willing to assist, at least a temporary relief of the problem is quite simple.

So when Luke says he will resolve it, it's not just empty words; he has his own basis for saying so.

But Sylvia is not aware of these details. In her eyes, Luke is currently acting very strangely. Through the 'intimate contact' just now, Sylvia sensed the aura Luke exuded and realized that he is much stronger than her. Similar to the 'Ereshkigal,' he is a 'monster' standing at the pinnacle of the city.

Sylvia is confident that, in her understanding, there is nothing that can affect the manifestation of her power.

Maybe there are some very strange powers that can nullify her ability as a Strega or interfere with the flow of Prana in her body.

However, these are external influences that won't shake her fundamental control over her power. Even she, being significantly weaker than Luke, isn't easily affected at the core level.

Sylvia couldn't imagine what kind of situation would be able to fundamentally shake the power of a 'monster-level' existence.

Although she couldn't imagine it, she could still clearly distinguish the seriousness of the matter.

It is obviously not a trivial matter for a person's source of power to be shaken, especially if it happens to a strong person.

Although Luke assured her that he could handle this matter on his own, Sylvia couldn't help but feel worried for him.

Especially considering the recent 'intimate contact,' where Luke's issues seemed to affect his behavior. The thought of losing oneself is frightening, and now that this alarming situation is happening before her eyes, Sylvia cannot simply stand by and do nothing.

In Asterisk City, Luke has achieved significant success, possessing formidable strength and a bright future.

Despite his young age, he has become one of the central figures in the city. It's evident that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, Luke is destined to become a leading figure in the city in the coming years.

Sylvia cannot bear to watch a promising student gradually succumb to darkness and destruction due to unknown issues. Her kindness and gentleness won't allow her to stand idly by and let this happen.

If Luke knew what Sylvia was thinking right now, he would probably laugh out loud based on his recent somewhat 'unscrupulous' character.

It can only be said that even the 'world-class' singer is in the age of daydreams, and her imagination is exceptionally vivid.

In fact, Sylvia can't be blamed for this matter. The biggest problem is the gap in cognition.

People are always like this, and they will overestimate "unknown" things as much as possible.

Looking at this matter from Sylvia's point of view, she concludes that there is a force or something capable of silently eroding the strength of even the city's top-tier elite without being detected.

After being influenced, even strong individuals like Luke find themselves unable to resist, leading to a fundamental decline in their control over their own strength.

Does this mean that if it develops for a while, the number one student in Jielong Seventh might experience a 'violent outburst'?

Moreover, it seems the other party's personality and behavior have been influenced, and if even Luke can't resist, it's even less likely for others.

So, could this phenomenon occur in others? Or, perhaps, could it also happen to her?

Facing something completely unknown, discovering that the other person possesses an overwhelming power that you cannot resist – in such a situation, Sylvia chose not to avoid it.

She genuinely felt worried for Luke from the bottom of her heart and made a determined decision to help him.

This kind of gentleness and thoughtfulness is indeed a rare and precious treasure.

However, compared to Sylvia's 'ignorance,' Luke is the 'informed party.'

He is well aware that the issue he is currently facing is not due to any external force influencing him, nor is it because something has shaken him.

The reason for the decrease in his control over his own power is simply that a crucial part of the core of his power, which makes up his very essence, is malfunctioning. When the core is disrupted, it naturally affects his overall power.

As for the change in personality, it might sound frightening, but it's not as dreadful as it seems.

Indeed, from an external perspective, some of Luke's current actions might not align with his usual style, but these actions do not imply that they are not his own choices.

Ultimately, the impact on his mental state is not yet severe. If Luke consciously suppresses it, the current subtle fluctuations cannot have any significant effect on his judgment.

He acted according to the influence, which was also a choice he made after careful consideration because forcibly suppressing his emotion would not be beneficial to a breakthrough in his state of mind.

Rather than blocking, he opts for a more lenient approach. As long as this method doesn't lead to severe consequences, Luke won't forcibly suppress his emotions.

After all, he has been practicing under the influence of Fan Xinglu for over two years. In such an extended period, it's impossible not to be influenced by Fan Xinglu's unruly personality.

One could say that the first thing to manifest under the influence of his mental state is this uninhibited behavior, and Fan Xinglu deserves credit for it.

However, Luke was not completely clueless about the solution.

First of all, it can definitely be solved by returning to the main god space. Secondly, it is basically certain that Fan Xinglu has more than one solution in her hands.

This assures Luke that he won't face the worst outcome, and that's why he isn't overly concerned about the situation. Nevertheless, Sylvia's concern deeply touches him.

In this brief conversation, the girl in front of him countless times stirs Luke's mind with her tenderness and kindness.

---

More Chapters (More than 15 Chapters in Advance):
patréon.com/tom22
Replace "é" with "e" on your web browser.
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 200 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review.)