Chapter 68 - Malice from the Same Kind!

Luke looked at the 'magic stone fragments' shining with a purple-blue light on the ground, sinking into contemplation.

Meanwhile, Riveria observed the pensive Luke and nodded with some satisfaction, saying, "This is the second lesson, the difference between monsters and humans."

"Before we set off, both Finn and Gareth mentioned to me the issue with your swordsmanship."

"In the realm of swordsmanship, you can be considered to have reached a kind of perfection; even Loki, in her countless years as a divine being, has not seen a more perfect swordsmanship than yours."

"However, that only applies to situations involving humans."

Riveria paused slightly at this point, taking a moment to observe the thoughtful Luke and the quietly listening Ais before continuing.

"Each type of monster in the dungeon has its unique habits, and their attack and movement methods are completely different from humans."

"Never judge a monster's actions based on so-called 'common sense.'"

Just now, the Goblin's evasion of Luke's attack through its bizarre movement was the best evidence.

Humans would never use a moving style that would cause self-harm.

Such a movement might even prevent you from evading the enemy's subsequent attacks.

Therefore, the swordsmanship Luke has learned doesn't include techniques to counter such non-human movements.

After a brief reflection and with Riveria's explanation, Luke understood the rationale behind it and why Riveria had him deal with those Goblins.

When you discover a problem, you should correct it.

Currently, on the 1st floor, these relatively weak monsters cannot pose a threat to Luke.

However, if they encounter more formidable monsters deeper into the dungeon, correcting these issues might come at a huge cost.

In the following time, Riveria, with Luke and Ais, officially began hunting monsters on the 1st floor.

Ais dealt with individual monsters, while Luke practiced against groups.

Killing monsters, killing more monsters, life in the dungeon was incredibly dull.

Besides battling monsters, the team members could only exchange a few words with each other.

As Luke and Ais continued to slay monsters, the number of 'magic stone fragments' they collected increased.

Among them were also some 'materials' dropped by monsters.

'Magic stones' are the cores inside the bodies of dungeon monsters.

Regardless of the type of monster, if their 'magic stone' is shattered or extracted, they will die.

These 'magic stones' contain magic power/mana that can be utilized by the people.

The current 'technology' in Orario is built upon these 'magic stones.'

Breaking the 'magic stone' can be considered the simplest and most direct method to defeat monsters.

However, once the 'magic stone' is shattered, the mana within it will also dissipate, resulting in adventurers defeating monsters but gaining nothing.

Therefore, unless absolutely necessary, regular adventurers will not choose to defeat monsters by shattering their 'magic stones.'

The more powerful the monster, the larger its 'magic stone' inside.