Chapter 49 - Lindwurm Finals!

"'Luke, the Extreme Swordsman, can you overturn my destiny?"

Throughout the entire 'Lindwurm,' Orphelia, who had remained silent, spoke for the first time.

To be honest, facing Orphelia, Luke didn't know what to say.

He understood Orphelia, knew what had happened to her, and was well aware that the 'destiny' she spoke of was not the superficial lamentation of a weakling.

"I don't know if I can overturn your true destiny, but if, at this moment, your destiny is intertwined with the emblem on your chest."

"Then I will certainly cut it down!"

After these two lines of dialogue, Luke and Orphelia did not continue speaking. They just stood on the stage, silently waiting for something.

As the match was yet to begin, the surrounding audience gradually grew puzzled.

However, Luke and Orphelia knew why this was happening.

Kacha—!

In the quiet arena, the crisp sound of shattering was so distinct.

One sound, two sounds...

Amid countless cracking noises and the astonished expressions of the audience, the protective barrier set up around the stage to prevent injuries shattered due to the clash of Luke and Orphelia's auras.

In the moment when this protective barrier broke, three additional layers of protection simultaneously rose around the stage.

Only then did the announcement for the start of the match sound on the stage.

For the first time, the audience gained a fundamental understanding of the 'monster' level participants.

Before, everyone knew they were powerful, but compared to other contestants, where exactly did their strength lie?

Now, Luke and Orphelia, who shattered the protective barrier solely through the clash of their momentum, made it clear to them what 'monster' truly meant.

Luke was the first to make a move. He swung Ser-Veresta forward, sending a sword qi wrapped in water towards Orphelia.

Facing this probing strike, Orphelia, just like in the previous matches, stood still.

The rapidly approaching sword qi, after tearing through her outermost miasma shield, was crushed by a large purplish-black hand.

This was Orphelia's second layer of defense and her primary offensive method.

Formed by the extreme compression of miasma, the 'Block Of Miasma' gathered countless miasmas behind Orphelia, gradually shaping into a colossal wrist, resembling the skeletal hand of an undead reaching out from the depths of hell.

Innumerable undead hands surrounded Orphelia, creating a chaotic scene as if a group of demons was dancing wildly.

Luke paid no attention to these and instead focused on the ground beneath Orphelia's feet, where a small puddle of accumulated water had formed from the crushed remains of his previous attack.

Looking at the puddle now tainted and transformed into a pool of purple poisonous liquid due to the miasma, Luke sighed.

"As expected."

Although he had anticipated that Shigure-Soen-Ryu would be countered, when it actually happened, Luke couldn't help but feel a bit regretful.

The keen senses of a swordsman allowed him to clearly sense the invisible miasma gradually spreading across the stage.